Software Engineer - DevOpsWould you enjoy designing innovative software for energy products?Do you love collaborating with teams to solve complex problems and deliver solutions?Join our Development team
We design and develop applications, components, and features that meet the business requirements of our internal customers. We work collaboratively with cross-functional teams across different lines of business to design, develop and test innovative software solutions.Partner with the best
As a DevOps engineer, you will design, develop, and test applications that provide continuous integration and continuous deployments of our existing codebase. Being part of one of our development teams, you will collaborate with technical product owners, architects, and domain experts to create features that extend our versatile products and services.
As a Software Engineer - DevOps, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering small-sized software engineering stories and tasks on time
- Working with fellow team members to design, estimate, develop, document and test software solutions that drive business value
- Maintaining code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
- Applying Agile principles and methodologies to all work
- Utilizing best practices for design, development, security, CI/CD and scalability
- Engaging in technical discussions; participating in technical designs and presenting technical ideas through white boarding and presentations
- Integrating project code with CI/CD frameworks
- Participating in code reviews and providing guidance on how to solve issues/concerns
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- Have 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Have functional experience using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Git/Github or Nexus
- Have functional experience using containerization technologies like Docker, CloudFoundry or Kubernetes
- Have functional experience using cloud providers like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Have functional experience using scripting languages like Bash, Groovy, or Python
- Have knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design, software design patterns and coding principles
- Have basic experience with RDMS technologies like PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL
As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns (where applicable):
- Permissive Leave - Leave can be taken as needed for vacation, illness, or personal reasons, but must be coordinated with and approved by your manager.
- Flextime - Shift or change of hours worked over the course of a working day while still working a standard-length workday/workweek.
- Remote Work - Regular responsibilities performed away from the designated business location for a portion or entirety of the arranged work hours.
- Compressed Work Week - Reduces the number of days worked over a week while still adhering to the standard hours for the full week.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their completely authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train, reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. However, to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.