We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We're building the world's most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.**** Remote Friendly ****
Software Engineers at Cruise build and run reliable, scalable, and performant service platforms that keeps Cruise and our fleet of autonomous vehicles moving. We accomplish this by supporting the creation, deployment and scaling of self driving software on cloud services with a consistent service level objective.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer to lead key initiatives within our Service Platform team, passionate about developer productivity interfaces, Kubernetes, and continuous deployment for large scale production systems at Cruise. The successful candidate will have experience building and running scalable distributed systems, will have innovative ideas and approaches, should have intellectual curiosity, and should exhibit strong problem-solving skills.
If you are looking to tackle one of today's most sophisticated engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us!What you'll be doing:
What you must have:
- Design core, backend software components and frontend interfaces
- Code using primarily Go, C/C++, Nodejs
- Work with technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform
- Collaborate with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Complete medium to large features (each with many tasks) independently without guidance
- Proactively identify and lead changes as needed for assigned codebase, product area and/or systems
- 4+ years of programming experience in either Go, C, C++, or other relevant coding languages
- 2+ years relevant experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience with distributed systems
- 1+ years of experience designing and completing medium to large features independently without guidance
- 1+ years of experience identifying and driving changes to applications as needed
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and configuration management tools like Terraform preferred.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field or relevant industry experience.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We're Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We're Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We're Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won't just own your work here, you'll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email .
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.Vaccine Mandate.
At Cruise, we're tasked with leading in the communities we serve - and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel - including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.Note to Recruitment Agencies:
Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.