Can you build highly scalable, high-availability distributed applications?
Do you have a habit of doing self-reviews, cover your code with unit tests and make changes to your code and approach, thriving to make it better every time.
Are you seeking an opportunity to join a start-up-oriented, fast-paced, agilely minded team where you will fully leverage your exceptional technical skills towards shaping the vision, planning, and engineering of production-ready software?
SolidCommerce is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Dev team. This position will be responsible for maintaining, supporting and enhancing the existing infrastructure as well as leading development of new systems and applications. The position is based out of LA area in Marina Del Rey. We work on Microsoft stack and are always trying to incorporate latest and greatest technologies.
Skills & Requirements
What You'll Do:
- Write highly readable and scalable code.
- Adapt quickly to provide elegant solutions to complex problems
- Use automated testing to quickly and confidently ship code
- Research new technology quickly and effectively to evaluate best solutions
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, QA engineers and other developers in a collaborative environment
- Act as a mentor for other software developers guiding them on various aspects including but not limited to clean code, unit testing, design principles, and distributed architecture.
What You Have:
- 8+ years of experience in developing and delivering multi-threaded, distributed, production-ready software solutions.
- Proven experience building and consuming Rest APIs.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design patterns with proficiency in C#, SQL or NoSQL (Document databases)
- Ability to think out of the box and envision new solutions to problems that have not already been truly solved
- Eagerness to learn and work independently.
- Demonstrated experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product delivery.
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate clearly and effectively.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Development, MIS, or other related disciplines.
Nice To Have(s):
- Experience with web services, RabbitMQ, Windows Services, Web API is a plus
- Experiences with Caching Frameworks and message queue(s) is a plus
- Experience mentoring people on coding practices and new Design Patterns.
- Domain knowledge of E-Commerce solutions is a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Paid Time off and Sick Leaves