Guideline is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our expanding engineering team. You will be joining a team of 3-5 people, including remote employees and employees based near our offices. As a Software Engineer on an agile and pragmatic team, you will build upon our growing line of products that bring the possibility of a safe retirement to more people. This position is remote.
What You Will Be Working On
- Own frontend and architectural engineering for all parts of our acquisition stack: Marketing Website, Content Management System and related technologies
- Be key resource for marketing and content teams on best practices for technology utilization across Marketing Tech and Tools (Google Tag Manager, Analytics and Search Console) to optimize experience for optimal SEO, Conversion Rate and analytics
- Constantly improving our technology architecture through modern practices and implementation using React, NextJS, and Typescript, as well as building an easy to use headless CMS using Strapi.
- Maintain and build new experiences as needed on the public facing website
- Be full-stack - working closely with our DevOps team for deployment strategy, hosting optimization and observability
What We're Looking For
- Strong fundamentals in React, Typescript, and NextJS building modern consumer-facing public websites
- Experience integrating and customizing headless CMS’s (Strapi or Builder.io preferred) via strong data modeling and custom code for integration to
- Experience with marketing websites including optimizing leads / conversion, SEO, creating integrations with vendors for paid marketing ads, etc
- Familiarity with how to run and fix modern distributed systems environments built with Kubernetes, Docker, and GCP
- Ability to develop, teach and enforce standards in frontend coding best practices
- Experience with writing automated unit tests, integration and frontend tests using tools like React Testing Library, Capybara and Playwright
- Strong collaboration skills with cross-functional teams
We understand that not everyone will be an expert in all of these areas on day one. We value people who enjoy learning and will consider someone with the fundamentals who wants to further their skills.
More about Guideline
Everyone should have a simple, affordable way to save for retirement. At Guideline, our plans are low cost and highly automated. This makes it easy for companies to offer a valuable benefit—and easy for people to invest in their financial future with confidence.
The expected Salary Range for this position is $137,000 - $200,000 annually. Compensation is determined by numerous factors such as your qualifications, experience, and work location.
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Company Equity
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- 100% paid employee insurance coverage
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Parental leave
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.