Senior Software Developer
As the worlds learning company, Pearson helps people make more of their livers through learning. We use our knowledge, passion, and reach to tackle the big problems in education and inspire a love of learning that lasts a lifetime. That's why we need smart people like you. Together, we can transform education and provide boundless opportunities for billions of learners worldwide.
The Automated Assessment team develops machine learning-based software systems that analyze tens of millions of learner exam responses each year. Our technology is unique and meaningful, providing results quickly on student performance on standardized tests. The information helps inform teaching and learning for educators, students and parents.As a senior Software Developer you will:
- Design, develop and deploy software components in a machine learning pipeline.
- Build REST based web services for large-scale data infrastructure.
- Contribute to the development of student assessments data management components providing efficient access for developing new assessment techniques while maintaining strong data security and privacy.
- Evaluate open-source and commercial platforms for the use, development and operation of machine learning models.
- Work with ML scientists to transition research prototypes into robust, scalable and cost-effective software solutions.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in a quantitative field (CS, EE, statistics, math, data science)
- Proven leadership qualities
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Expert in GoLang and/or C/C-variant. Versant with highly concurrent architectures.
- 3+ years of experience with MongoDB and/or other no-SQL database systems
- Proven hands-on experience building REST based web services for large-scale data infrastructures
- Experience with Linux, AWS (EC2 and serverless) and Docker
- Experience with large textual datasets and natural language applications
- Experience with machine learning techniques and/or platforms
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Understanding of DevOps practices and tools
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $110-130k. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at:
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose - to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world's leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racistcompany in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.Job:
Assessment & QualificationsSchedule: