SMX is looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Developer with demonstrated experience to support the development and sustainment phases of a project relative to software supporting aircraft and weapons systems. This position is based at Patuxent River NAS, MD.
As the Senior Software Developer, you will join a team of highly driven, supportive, and skilled professionals engaged in supporting program management, technical, or business case analysis across the NAVAIR community.
The Senior Software Developer will:
- Develop and document software development plans for mission critical aircraft systems
- Lead implementation of software development plans and practices
- Define robust software test plans and methods
- Support the definition and implementation of software architectures for new products
- Analyze and assess software architectures for potential improvement for legacy products
- Coordinate with infrastructure and development team members to define and deploy development pipelines for new and legacy software products
- Coordinate with systems engineering in the development of software requirements
- Lead development team members in developing features and stories for software product development
- Advise teams on advanced technologies, toolsets, and frameworks for implementation in emerging software products
- Develop and maintain mission critical software following modern software practices
- May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- May also ensure project procedures and controls are followed, manage manning and staffing project efforts, and lead problem resolution efforts.
- Interfaces with system or program Contractors, vendors, and Government representatives regarding the technical aspects of the programs/projects.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Clearance Required: Secret
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering. Degree must be from an accredited college.
- 10+ years of software development experience, performing software requirements analysis, software design, software coding, software integration and software testing in a corporate or governmental Software Development Environment
- Experience with one or more of the following programing or scripting languages: Ada, SQL, C, C++, Java, Python, Assembly, Perl
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Jenkins, GIT, CM Synergy, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Concurrent Version System, Change, Synergy
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of the software engineering lifecycle
- Experience developing safety and mission critical software, preferable under DO-178B/C DAL or higher
- Experience developing software for real time systems
- Strong understanding of avionics and aircraft networks and network architectures
- Experience with modern software practices (DevOps) and configuration management tools
- Demonstrated ability to identify complex problems, evaluate trade space opportunities, and develop solutions