At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Senior Service Designer
Firm Strategic Enablement
The Firm Strategic Enablement Office at Edward Jones partners with teams across the firm to design and deliver on service promises to Edward Jones branch teams and clients.
Within the Firm Strategic Enablement office, the Enterprise Services team(ES) is a cross-disciplined group that is helping to drive transformation across Services and the broader firm. We use a variety of methodologies, tools and capabilities to drive large-scale change.
As a Senior Service Designer within ES, you will play a critical role in realizing the firm's goals to efficiently and effectively deliver world-class experiences that meets our client's financial goals. Your expertise will be used to uncover internal/external user needs to identify and improve processes using voice of the customer, user research, design thinking, lean six sigma and business architecture. You will partner with business, technology, risk, data and platform subject matter experts from across the firm to help define the product & Services vision that delivers value and aligns with the firm's strategic outcomes.
What you are good at
Service Design and Business Architecture
* Has broad understanding of solutions, best practices, multiple business processes, technology designs across multiple product/technology families to analyze customer business needs.
* Working reciprocally with business partners and Subject Matter Authorities across business and technology teams in order to accurately and completely document processes and service journeys, both current and future state
* You are confident using virtual whiteboarding tools such as Mural as well as in-person whiteboarding responsible for engaging with strategic customers/stakeholders to assess and design
* You are key member of a team with a technical background and competencies in development, integration, solution architecture. You will conduct discovery workshops, assess cultural, structural, and business functions while translating these findings for a solution build for scale and flexibility
* Researching and documenting business rules, applications, data use & risks
* Develop service blueprints, workflows, wireframes, prototypes, and other design deliverables.
* Mentor and coach others on Service Design capabilities and how it translates into business results & outcomes.
* Understanding and documenting the lifecycle of a client request from initiation to completion by conducting interviews, observing operations and service representatives, collecting and analyzing operational and customer data, and assessing current state process documentation
* Learning how our branch teams use our tools to serve our clients and advisors and finding opportunities to improve processes and reduce or remove difficult points and automation blockers
* Using UX and process metrics such as cycle times, task analysis, internal NPS and survey data to quantify opportunities
Process Analysis and Fact Based Experience Design and Development
* Working with business partners and SMEs to define current state by creating and compiling current state fact base including process maps, difficult points, manual requirements/interventions (dependencies for automation), cross-platform initiatives, and operational data
* Identifying and prioritizing process improvement opportunities - identifying current state improvement opportunities aligned to program levers (automation, digitization, efficiency) and facilitating prioritization among partner team by expected impact and level of effort.
* Superior analytical capabilities and the ability to lead multiple large-scale projects/programs.
* Excellent problem-solving skills to find reciprocal solutions that solve root causes
* Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
* Using Design Thinking & Lean Six Sigma methodologies with our Subject Matter Experts and Technology partners to clearly define the problem and then collectively build a "future state" solution
* Rethinking and reimagining holistic experiences by driving for detailed solutions, focusing on redesign for automation and straight-through processing while delivering measurable value for our clients and advisors
* Ensuring that the "future state" aligns to Key Performance Indicator's that deliver on the broader strategic goals
* Modeling impacts/business case development for prioritized opportunities - estimating expected financial benefits of implementing Smart Processing improvements in priority areas
What you'll produce
* Strategy Roadmaps- craft innovative, forward looking strategies while clearly defining the path forward to achieving business outcomes, leading to changes to strategy, policies, processes, people, governance, and partnerships.
* Work with various Program & Product teams to create a strategic roadmap that aligns future state features that deliver measurable value for the business
* Current State Process maps and/or Service Blueprints to define the current state and align partners on key moments, problem identification and points of integration.
* Empathy and Journey maps to identify key moments/jobs to be done, support exchanged views of the end-to-end process and drive client journey in the overall experience design.
* Plan and manage the design research activities (research strategy, ethnographic based user research, secondary research, UX research…) collaboratively with the team.
* Plan and execute system mapping, customer journeys, scenarios and service specifications.
* Analyze research data identifying and generating meaningful insights and behavioral patterns.
* Work closely with researchers, visual and user experience designers contributing to the improvement of the design quality and final user experience.
* Define and structure Statement of work deliverables consistent with project goals.
* Create presentations and design strategy documentations.
* Manage user research and service design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource, needs and schedules.
* Collaborate with product owners and leaders to drive product strategy and the development roadmap.
* Minimum of 5+ years experience designing complex service design systems for multiple touchpoints projects.
* Minimum Bachelor degree in service design, business design or a related design discipline.
* Masters degree design discipline preferred.
* A background in visual and UX design.
* Strong knowledge of user-centered design processes and passionate about solving complex experience challenges.
* Strong background in service and strategic design.
* Strong skills in conducting and synthesizing research, insights and findings.
* Strong skills in structuring and visualizing journey maps, service ideation, concept communication and specification.
* Experience working with process automation environments, such as those employing workflow automation, robotic process automation, artificial intelligence or machine learning
* Expertise in, and proven application success with, Agile, Lean or Service Design and other similar frameworks
* A solid competency in storytelling and public speaking. You are comfortable explaining your ideas to client stakeholders and to ideate the best means to present your conceptual work.
* Ability to understand the impact of technology on design deliverables.
* Strong facilitator able to effectively collaborate with business, product, platform, architecture, infrastructure, data, change management, legal and compliance, and other teams to deliver business value
* Level and above
* Coaches & influence all levels of organization
* FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
* From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
* Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
* 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
* Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No..... click apply for full job details