Geek Powered Studios, an Austin, TX based company is searching for a Senior SEO Specialist
. In this role, you will manage the content marketing, website optimization, and technical SEO for our clients. Our ultimate goals is to drive traffic to our clients' sites and to help them grow their businesses by generating more organic leads while measuring and reporting on all KPIs.
To succeed in this role, you should have demonstrated writing experience, professional and/or academic. We are looking for experience writing for a web-based audience as well as a working knowledge of search engine optimization best practices and how they apply to content marketing. Technical SEO knowledge is preferred. Email marketing experience is a plus!
We are looking for a candidate with a strong SEO background in an Agency setting. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to analyze accounts and create action plans that will move the needle and drive results. We don't believe in "that's not my job" or waiting to be told what to do. If you are a proactive and flexible team player who is willing to roll up your sleeves and wear multiple hats to get the job done, we want to talk to you.WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Implement various elements of a client's inbound marketing strategy based on performance
- Optimize current copy on a client's website (page titles, meta descriptions, h1s, alts, anchor text, etc.)
- Write new SEO-friendly copy for pages on a client's website
- Blog writing and posting
- PR writing (media pitches, guest blogs, articles, etc.)
- Infographic creation and promotion
- Participate in client calls during campaign kick-off and as necessary thereafter
- Research trending topics within a variety of industries
- Build basic Wordpress websites
- Execute and measure link building campaigns
- Perform Local SEO campaigns (citation building and outreach)
- Utilize SEO technical expertise to perform full site audits and analysis (technical, analytics, content, social, etc.), site and landing page launches, perform full keyword research and develop related strategies. Determine KPIs for each recommendation.
NOTE: You must submit a cover letter and 3 writing samples. We read them, we promise.
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Digital Media, Journalism or related position - OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years digital agency experience including the development and execution of SEO campaigns
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
- Technical SEO knowledge
- Proficient on SEO Platforms (Ahrefs, SEMrush, Majestic, Moz)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Wordpress
- Creativity & resourcefulness
- Extreme attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and adhere to deadlines
- Flexibility to evolve strategies quickly & effectively
- Must be able to work from home/remote location
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee without sponsorship
Who We Are
Geek Powered Studios is a small-but-mighty internet marketing agency founded in 2009 in south Austin. We do comprehensive internet marketing including SEO, PPC, Facebook ads, website design, and E-commerce for both SMB and enterprise clients. We love what we do and we care about our clients. We fight tooth and nail to get results for each of them. As a team we tackle major campaigns and ever-evolving challenges in the digital marketing industry.
As Geeks, we place a lot of importance on doing things the right way - not the easy way, and we have built a strong reputation as a leader in the internet marketing world. In fact, we are a 2014 Torch Award winner, and award given by the BBB of Central Texas to businesses who exemplify marketplace ethics. We are known particularly for working only with one client per industry, per region, and defeating clients of much larger agencies in the search rankings. Geek Powered Studios has been featured in a wide variety of publications including Mashable, American Express Open Forum, and Tech Cocktail. We've also been recognized as one of Austin's 50 fastest growing companies.
What It's Like To Work With Us
Our company culture is a super casual environment. We balance fun with hard work, and we celebrate success with team-building outings, video games, and more. We like to Geek out over Smash Brothers, Star Wars, hot sauce and where to find the best tacos in town.
Please Note** Like many companies, we have had to learn how to work around Covid-19. During the pandemic we transitioned to remote work. While we plan to stay that way, we look forward to having "work together" days in the future once medical professionals deem it safe. Because of this, we prefer to hire locally, however we will consider applicants who can commit to working in person, in Austin 1 day per week when Covid-19 Restrictions allow. If you are applying from outside of Austin, please address this in your cover letter.
THE PERKS OF BEING A GEEK
How To Apply
- Fun and highly collaborative work environment
- Competitive salary + PTO + paid holidays
- Flexible start times
- Work from home
- 401K or Roth with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance plans available
- Opportunities for team building and continuing education
Submit your resume, writing samples, and cover letter explaining your qualifications and for consideration. Show us what you've got!
Powered by JazzHR