Job Description - Senior Security SRE - 100% Remote
The Senior Security SRE will be instrumental in building and maintaining security solutions within the organization to safeguard employees, customers, data, and systems. The Security SRE will constantly be developing and evolving the organization's security systems and handling any technical problems that arise. To ensure success, a Senior Security SRE must display an excellent understanding of various security technologies, and must be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems and troubleshooting of the network. Responsibilities:
- Work with teams across the enterprise on improving tools and strategies for the management of security related tools and services.
- Provide engineering teams and business stakeholders insights into security risks, and provide advice on mitigating, reducing those risks.
- Write scripts, automate processes, and create baseline images for technology teams to use in order to streamline and build line security on existing or new processes
- Comprehend large, complex systems through documentation, diagrams, and direct communication
- Lead team on how to best apply security engineering techniques to the cloud and work in sync with agile processes
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends
- Understand and help remediate vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and improve remediation techniques
- Evangelize security within the organization
- Extensive experience working with Cloud Service Providers
- Openess to work with net-new/cloud first technologies and legacy technologies.
- SALT Stack experience
- Experience with leading technical projects from initial design through release
- Ability to write automation in various languages, including Python, bash(sh), and Powershell.
- Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audit experience
- Experience with designing and implementing automation for technical processes
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills, a strong sense of ownership and have an innovative mindset
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative
- Passion and enthusiasm for security and building secure products
- provided by Dice