We're looking for a Security Engineer, AppSec for an engineering-focused security team. We partner with and embed inside of existing engineering teams at ClickUp. The security team at ClickUp works to build and share technology including defensive security features and functionality, secure infrastructure and operational tools, security response tooling and processes, and security guidelines and guardrails.
You will work to build a culture of security enablement. Your focus on our product engineers will allow them to build and ship secure products based on Angular, Node.js, and PostgresSQL, all hosted in AWS.
You'll be a strategic partner working directly with various engineering teams helping to design, develop and guide teams to secure solutions. We're scaling quickly, and are looking for Security Engineers who aren't afraid of this challenge!
Perform some or all of the following, depending on skill-set:
- Design, develop and build security features and defenses that protect the entire scope of the ClickUp platform.
- Perform threat models, implementation reviews, and security testing; review requirements and designs.
- Design and build tools to help with all stages in security prevention, detection, and response; across the full SDLC from code and test, through to deploy and operate.
- Embed yourself into existing engineering and product teams, acting as a "security player-coach".
- Build security automation for and into the ClickUp platform; design and build secure-by-default infrastructure and applications.
- Monitor and analyze production security events and, as needed, provide in-depth incident analysis.
- Build relationships with other engineers, product managers, data engineers, operators, and security team members to enable shipping a secure product.
- Multiple years of experience in technology / software development.
- Experience with Angular, Node.js, and PostgresSQL; or similar technologies.
- An ability to identify and provide a basic assessment of security threats.
- An understanding of security problems, paired with an ability to suggest solutions to software design problems.
- Cloud and SaaS experience.
- Ability to mentor others on technical topics, including security.
- Past experience with pushing technical initiatives; team, project, or indirect management of technology.
- Can facilitate a conversation rather than dictate it.
- 5+ years of software development experience and 1+ year of security-specific experience.
- Experience with security tools; SAST, DAST, RASP, dependency checkers, SIEM.
- 2 years of AWS experience; IAM and least-privilege architectures.
- If you are a software engineer who is only starting to learn security, please do apply!
Salary Range: $160,000-205,000 (base pay) This position is eligible for the following benefits:
- 401(k) with up to 2% match
- ClickUp swag
- Teammate recognition awards
- Professional development program
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical program
- Wellness stipend