The Senior Security Analyst performs several core functions for the enterprise. The first is the day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions. The second is the identification, investigation and resolution of potential security incidents detected by those systems. Tertiary tasks may include the implementation of new security solutions, leading or participating in the creation and or maintenance of policies, security metrics, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments. The Senior Security Analyst is expected to be fully aware of the enterprise's security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the planning and design of enterprise security architecture, under the direction of the ITS Security Team, Security Officer and CIO, where appropriate.
- Lead the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) under the direction of the Security Officer, Chief Compliance Officer and CIO, where appropriate.
- Development and reporting of Key Security Metrics
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, under the direction of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Teams, where appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Lead or manage technical system security audit efforts by working with Company Compliance Team members.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Lead the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating practices and in compliance with the enterprise's security documents.
- Ensure that up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.) are maintained.
- Ensure that operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines are maintained
- Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Review logs and reports of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.). Interpret the implications of that activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
- Participate in investigations into problematic activity.
- Participate and or lead in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
CORE COMPETENCIES / KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Experience:
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and systems administration tasks
- Extensive experience with Next Generation Firewall technologies, preferably Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Experience IDS/IPS and SIEM technologies
- Experience with and knowledge of Penetration Testing methodologies, tools and procedures.
- Working technical knowledge of vulnerability and port scanning, data loss prevention, email gateways, Web Gateways, web proxies, URL filtering, anti-virus and other standard security monitoring/management tools.
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems
- Familiarity with the McAfee (or equivalent) Security suite of products
- Proven and demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written, presentation, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or 4+ years of equivalent experience
- One or more of the following certifications:
o CISSP, CISM, CISA
o CompTIA Security+
o GIAC Information Security Fundamentals
o Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security
o Associate of (ISC)2
COMMUNICATION & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
o Ability to troubleshoot, evaluate and clearly present written information and findings
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate to upper management and peers
o Perform within a team environment as well as work independently
- Ability to interact well with co-workers and vendors
- All levels of company staff
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS; MACHINES AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, printers, photocopy machine, fax machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer up to 8 hours a day
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 40 pounds
- provided by Dice