Careers that Change Lives
Bring your talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Ensure accurate administration and timely commission payments for assigned sales teams based upon documented and approved variable sales compensation plans and policies
- Responsible for understanding the functionality and ensuring accuracy of the Varicent ICM system and working closely with the business to redefine proposed programs to ensure they can be administered accurately and efficiently
- Lead projects related to process improvement, system enhancements or other critical data changes and deliver results within established timelines.
- Manage commission calculation logic within Varicent ICM system, with ability to program system in support of approved compensation logic and formulas
- Annual implementation and ongoing measurement of Incentive Compensation Plan Design by collaborating with sales management to create annual variable sales compensation plans/programs
- Assist in set up of annual sales plans and ongoing testing to confirm accurate payouts and provide reporting of annual variable commission forecasts
- Field and respond to variable compensation and quota related inquiries submitted through salesforce.com and AskHR
- Design and administer sales incentives to support sales goals
- Collaboration and partnership with multiple teams such as Sales Performance, Sales Analytics, Commercial Operations, Human Resources, Technology, Finance, Sales, and Marketing
Nice to Have
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience with sales compensation administration, sales/marketing analytics, commercial operations, finance or accounting, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years' experience in sales compensation administration, sales/marketing analytics, commercial operations, finance or accounting.
- 5+ years' experience with variable commission calculations, forecasting, data modeling, data analysis or sales reporting
- Advanced ability in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Proficiency with Excel macros, and the potential to use advanced decision support analytical tools
- Experience with sales alignment, business intelligence, data visualization, and CRM tools, such as Salesforce.com, Busines Objects, SAP, and Tableau
- Proficiency with Varicent, Callidus, Xactly, or other sales commission calculation tool
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to speak to varying levels across the organization
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)