About the role:
In this role, you will use data and your strong business knowledge to supply strategic decision making and performance optimization in the risk operations of our rapidly growing business. Members of the Risk Intelligence team are tasked with identifying and tackling emerging threats and trends in payment abuse. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, and business insights to protect our customers.
You should demonstrate superior analytical skills, excellent organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to key stakeholders. You will work closely with our leadership to create meaningful KPIs, as well as provide the detailed analysis that drives critical decision making, and improvements to the trust and operational success of the business.
At Signifyd, you will be part of a purpose-driven company dedicated to creating a dynamic and versatile work environment. Risk Intelligence is an integral part of our growing organization that values neighborly collaboration, passion, and inventiveness.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Analyze unwanted user behavior and activity related to account and payment activities through the effective use of data.
- Find trends, correlation, and patterns in complicated datasets via data mining, trend identification, root cause analysis, statistical analysis, and impact assessment.
- Innovate and implement new ways to countermeasure transactional risk by defining, optimizing, and organizing risk tools to restrict questionable activity.
- Responsible for the design, development and management of real-time fraud rules directly in collaboration with relevant teams.
- Communicate risk trends and mitigation results via weekly reports, ad hoc write-ups, and direct engagement with stakeholders at all levels throughout the organization.
- Design and deploy systematic anomaly detection alerts that help spot fraud in real time. You’ll work in collaboration with relevant teams to identify and alert against live threats in our network.
- Collaborate with Data Science to ideate and evaluate new feature proposals in an effort to strengthen model performance.
- Develop a deep understanding of how existing metrics are calculated, and ensure metrics source data is reliable and measures our effectiveness at combating risk issues.
- Lead moderate complexity projects in collaboration with Customer Success, Data Science, Product and other stakeholders to prioritize issue resolution and establish and maintain an operating rhythm and accountability.
- Support the Risk Intelligence team with creating meaningful goals, KPIs, key planning, and operational asks.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced eCommerce Fraud/Risk or related role
- 3+ years experience in a Data Analytics or related quantitative analytical role
- 2+ years of Python experience and the ability to independently build custom tools from scratch to streamline risk detection infrastructure and workflows
- Experience working in a Jupyter/DataBricks/IntelliJ/ VsCode or equivalent environment
- Highly skilled at writing SQL to query relational databases.
- Advanced abilities with data visualization in Looker or equivalent business intelligence tools
- Proven analytical skills and ability to define & clearly articulate success by metrics and data-driven measurements
- Extremely focused on data and analytics to solve problems and have a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
Have Strong Communication Skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate complex data and analysis to a wide range of both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, making assumptions, drawing conclusions and distilling complex analysis for non-technical audiences
- Experience in capturing and documenting requirements, understanding business impacts and tradeoffs
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners
Are a Team Player
- Great team player who can be agile and flexible in fast-changing and undefined situations
- Adaptable to ever-changing work environments and routines, and willing to step in on another task if it's outside of their planned workday
- Success depends on building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization
Are a Self Starter:
- Approaches business problems with a sense of data-driven curiosity
- Ability to work effectively in an autonomous fashion, and willingness to enable the success of stakeholders
- Ability with managing multiple tasks under strict timelines with meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrates a strong sense for doing the right thing for our customers
Benefits in the USA:
- 4-day workweek
- Discretionary Time Off Policy (Unlimited!)
- Talkspace Online Therapy Membership
- Dedicated learning budget through Learnerbly
- 401K Match
- Stock Options
- Annual Performance Bonus or Commissions
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Social Events
- Signifyd Swag