Who We Are & What We Do
TOPOSOPHY stands as a beacon in the fields of destination development, marketing, and placemaking. With a rich history of transforming destinations across the globe, our agency combines strategic insight with innovative practices to shape and support vibrant, sustainable places that resonate with both locals and visitors alike. Our projects, spanning over 36 countries, reflect our commitment to fostering engagement, culture, and well-being in every place we touch. Collaborating with organizations like EBRD, USAID, UNDP, ETC, MASTERCARD, SCOTTISH ENTERPRISE and UNWTO, TOPOSOPHY leads the way in making destinations stand out and thrive through comprehensive development and placemaking strategies.
What Are We Looking For?
We seek a seasoned Senior Researcher & Analyst who is equally passionate about destination development, marketing, and the art of placemaking. This dual-focused role is designed to support our strategic initiatives by delivering deep insights into how destinations can be developed and marketed, alongside creating spaces that encourage community engagement and cultural enrichment.
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis across two main areas: destination development & marketing and placemaking, using both quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Utilize data visualization techniques to present insights on destination appeal, market trends, visitor behaviors, and community needs, ensuring a balanced focus between development, marketing, and placemaking efforts.
- Engage with communities, stakeholders, and clients to gather comprehensive insights, applying design thinking to develop strategies that align with both destination marketing objectives and placemaking principles.
- Analyze and interpret socio-cultural trends, economic data, and spatial usage to offer strategic recommendations for destination development that integrates effective marketing and placemaking strategies.
- Work closely with the Strategy & Consulting team to ensure that research findings inform holistic strategies for destination development, marketing, and placemaking projects.
- Synthesize complex research findings into actionable strategies and recommendations, effectively communicating these to a variety of stakeholders.
- Manage multiple research projects, prioritizing tasks to ensure timely delivery of high-quality, impactful insights within set budgets.
- Balanced Expertise: Strong foundation in both destination development/marketing and placemaking, with an ability to bridge the two disciplines through research and analysis.
- Research Proficiency: Advanced skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods, with experience in urban studies, tourism research, and market analysis.
- Data Visualization: Proficiency in data visualization software (e.g., GIS, Tableau, Adobe Creative Suite), capable of illustrating complex data in an accessible and engaging manner.
- Strategic Insight: Ability to translate research into strategic recommendations, fostering destination growth and community enrichment.
- Collaborative Approach: Experience in working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams and stakeholders, fostering a culture of innovation and shared success.
- Project Management: Demonstrated ability to manage research projects efficiently, balancing multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- A proven track record in conducting research that supports destination development, marketing strategies, and placemaking initiatives.
- Expertise in utilizing modern research tools and methodologies relevant to both marketing analytics and spatial analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging research to inform strategic planning in destination development and placemaking projects.
- Master’s degree or higher in urban planning, geography, marketing, tourism, or a related field with a focus on destination development and placemaking.
- At least 5 years of experience in a research or analysis role, specifically related to tourism, urban development, or destination marketing.
- Fluent in English, with additional language skills considered a strong asset.
- A portfolio that showcases your ability to conduct research and analysis leading to successful destination development, marketing, and placemaking outcomes.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work on globally impactful projects in destination development and placemaking.
- Dynamic and supportive work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration.
- Access to a network of industry leaders and the opportunity to contribute to pioneering projects.