About KinderCare Education ®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award - one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
KinderCare's BI team is looking for a Senior BI Quality Assurance Engineer to join a mid-sized Agile team in supporting BI efforts, company-wide. We need a technical expert to help drive innovation in the BI space, champion quality, and show us what QA is all about. As a senior QA engineer, you have responsibility for planning, design and execution of system testing on multiple complex Business Intelligence software platforms. You'll work collaboratively both within the IT department and with outside business partners to define, clarify, execute and report on test activities, UAT, project status and overall quality. This is a very technical role with expectations of heavy Windows experience, troubleshooting, and administration.
Key responsibilities include\:
• Execute testing activities and deliverables in support of all phases of testing
• Design and execute Systems Integration and assist with User Acceptance test execution
• Plan/Develop/Enhance data-driven Automation frameworks to support both UI and warehouse testing
• QA estimates, activities, deliverables and status reporting
• Creation, review and execution of Test Plans, Test Cases, and automated testing
• Risk identification and management\: locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions
• Communication with Developers, BSAs and leadership on test result analysis and team performance
• Act as the SME for the products under test
• Project review - rollup reporting, find rates, traceability matrix, other test artifacts
• Manage test schedules and strategies in accordance with project scope and deadlines
Key desired skills and experience\:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
• (Required) - clearly adept at writing complicated SQL queries
• 7+ years' experience in quality assurance in a Windows environment.
• (Preferred) 2+ years' experience with BI tools and testing procedures (PowerBI, Oracle or Cognos)
• Experience with NBi or NUnit test frameworks
• Experience working with JIRA
• Familiarity with\:
o Top tier BI tools (at least one)
o Source control with Visual Studio Team Services and Git
o Zephyr for JIRA
o SDLC, Quality Standards, Best Practices
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with both technical and non-technical team members
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools ™ , Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.