The product engineering team is responsible for the creation and quality of the XOi Vision platform. This platform serves thousands of Field Technicians across the country. We’re looking for a Senior Python Engineer to play a key role in building and maintaining the backend code and services that support our mobile and web applications.
As a senior-level employee, this person will be responsible for creating, improving and adhering to software quality best practices as they work with the rest of the team to create and maintain back-end services. The ideal candidate is someone who is highly driven to exceed benchmarks for product and service quality and is able to work independently with little supervision. They have excellent organization and problem-solving skills and are willing to coach and mentor junior engineers.
- Create APIs and pipelines to support mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Lead and participate in architectural design sessions.
- Create design artifacts that can be used by other developers to implement features.
- Communicate clearly regarding architectural issues, design solutions, and delivery timelines.
- Serve as owner and key contributor of some of the most crucial parts of the XOi application.
- Work with project stakeholders to clarify requirements and create product solutions.
- Prepare reports, manuals, and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of the applications you develop.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field (or 6+ years of working experience).
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience building and deploying applications or services in a cloud infrastructure environment.
- Expertise with functional or object-oriented program design patterns with a demonstrated ability to choose between and synthesize them.
- Experience with both statically and dynamically typed programming languages and a solid understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of both paradigms.
- Strong understanding of server-side security principles with respect to cloud computing.
- Good understanding of REST-based services and service-based architecture.
- Experience in developing best practices, software principles, and code design concepts.
- Experience in developing and supporting rapid iterations of software in an Agile context.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with CI/CD development and organizational practices.
- Experience with common architectural patterns and frameworks for mobile application development.
You Are Someone Who:
- Loves to solve difficult and interesting problems.
- Has a passion for code quality and craftsmanship but can balance that with shipping code.
- Views your profession as your craft and continuously pursues excellence in your work.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Collaborates effectively across various teams, coordinating regularly to set and manage expectations.
- Being a key part of a fast-growing software company where you can make a difference.
- Comprehensive insurance plans.
- Monthly wellness allowance.
- Flexible paid time off & paid volunteer time.
- Learning & development.
- Working in the historic and centrally located Marathon Village in Nashville, TN.
- Participating in team outings, events, and general fun!
- Helping to change an industry by serving the men and women that make our world turn.