Be a Part of our Team!
Join a working family that is dedicated to the mission of the work we do!
Teaching Strategies is an innovative edtech organization focused on connecting teachers, children, and families. As front runners in the early childhood education market, we build dynamic, top-quality digital products that integrate all of the essential elements of a high-quality solution: curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family engagement. We are building a team of results-oriented individuals who will thrive in a collaborative, work-hard/play-hard culture. We pride ourselves on the impact we have on the early childhood field through supporting teachers who are doing the most important work there is, teaching children to become creative, confident thinkers. Position Overview
As a Project Manager over the Mobile Product Team you are knowledgeable on mobile infrastructure, design, and development constraints and can help steer the team to overcome these challenges. Mobile is a growing area for Teaching Strategies that you will help guide and ensure our mobile offering supports our SaaS solutions in both the classroom and at home.
This individual will create and manage the project plan and track project progress including dependencies, constraints, and assumptions. They will manage the risk index, identify resource gaps and delays as needed to ensure the project stays on track. As a scrum master they will be able to encourage velocity, quality, and efficiency while adhering to coding, quality assurance, and project execution best practices. Lastty, the ideal candidate has implemented mobile applications on iOS and Android while working closely with a Product and Design team to ensure the software being delivered met the goals of the organization. Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans and schedules against multiple Product teams overseeing multiple Projects for both in classroom and at home mobile applications
- Maintain the risk index and identify sources to mitigate risks
- Monitor project progress and keep stakeholders informed throughout the project lifecycle
- Establish, track and report on scrum KPIs
- Facilitate regular project status meetings with stakeholders and teams
- Offer insight into resourcing needs and performance of the team
- Lead all scrum ceremonies (planning, grooming, daily stand ups, retrospectives, sprint reviews)
- Escalate potential project issues in a timely manner and develop a risk management plan with stakeholders
- Removes blockers; makes sure team has what they need
- High level of understanding of the work (including the Products capabilities) and get the team to do it (analysis, requirements, development, and qa)
- Works directly with Product Managers for prioritization
- Informs Product Managers of risks, scope changes, and impacts to schedule
- Ensures the team executes against the Product roadmap
- Tracks and measures capacity and velocity of the team
- Knowledge of core Product Features (can demo and talk to the Product at a moderate level, and utilizes SAs for SME level knowledge)
- Teaching Strategies is a federal government contractor and thus requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the employee is entitled to accommodation for reasons related to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief. Qualified applicants must comply with this vaccine policy as a condition of employment.
- 5+ years of demonstrated knowledge and experience with managing software (product) development projects through their entire life cycle (including launch and implementation) using automated management tools
- 2+ years of experience in an Agile environment, preferably as a Scrum Master
- BS in Computer Science, Business, Information Management or relevant industry experience is required
- Experience delivering projects on time and budget for a Software as a Service (Saas) while working with a Product team to understand the business needs and consult on direction and timing of projects and deliverables
- Ability to organize and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing both onsite and geographically distributed project teams
Why Teaching Strategies
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile / Scrum (ACP) or other similar industry-recognized certifications
- Hands-on experience with Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence) or comparable Agile suite
- Experience with industry standard project management tools
- Experience as a business analyst writing requirements documentation, epics, and user stories
At Teaching Strategies, our solutions and services are only as strong as the teams that create them. By bringing passion, dedication, and creativity to your job every day, there's no telling what you can do and where you can go! We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, flexible work schedules, opportunities to engage with co-workers, access to career advancement and professional development opportunities, and the chance to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Let's open the door to your career at Teaching Strategies! Some additional benefits & perks while working with Teaching Strategies
Teaching Strategies offers our employees a robust suite of benefits and other perks which include:
Teaching Strategies, LLC is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of Minorities, all Genders, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Flexible working environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible paid time off
- Company-sponsored events
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings accounts with employer contributions
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Company-sponsored life, short and long term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and critical illness insurance
- Paid parental leave programs