About The Association
Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs
and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
, we empower the world's most highly-skilled accountants - CPAs and CGMA designation holders - with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today's demands and tomorrow's challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
Plans and facilitates development and process-related initiatives as assigned for the AICPA's Dynamic Audit Solution (DAS). Coordinates cross-organizationally with peers in CPA.com, vendors and external partners to ensure on target delivery or escalation if needed. This role operates with significant autonomy on planning and execution to proactively drive DAS workstreams based on broader direction from supervisor and the senior management team.This position is remote. The position can work from any continental US based location, except California.The team runs on east coast US time, and the position is expected to be available to work during reasonable business hours. Once business travel resumes, there is likely to be occasional travel to NYC or other locations in the US northeast corridor
- Delivery project management (50%) - plan and execute AICPA activities and dependencies directly related to a DAS release, including teaming with CPA.com, technology partner and other vendors as needed to ensure on-target delivery.
- Release management - organize and oversee implementation of the comprehensive milestone-level scheduling of the delivery and release activities across Association, technology partner and vendor teams. Establish deadlines collaboratively with project participants and manage and/or oversee their delivery.
- Relationship management - build strong durable relationships with project participants and internal stakeholders, negotiating as needed to mutual benefit toward the project objective
- Problem solving - manage team analysis, collaboration, adaptation and resolution to address business problems within the project scope that obstruct project success. Sometimes the problem at hand may be novel and require creative and adaptive solutions.
- Management status reporting - organize and oversee periodic distribution of a comprehensive, audience-appropriate status report of delivery activities across affected functions and organizations to ensure that management is suitably informed of where attention and management action may be needed.
- Stakeholder management - organizing stakeholder forums and communication
- Development process management (20%) - manage initiatives and activities related to adoption, execution and continuous optimization of DAS development processes in specific areas as assigned, such as:
- Managing and facilitating rollout of new large-scale processes
- Evaluating key challenges with processes within the scope of this role, developing process and resource recommendations to address, and implementing those changes
- Assisting in establishing objective and subjective flow indicators to provide early warning of the need to address impediments, implements those indicators, and organizing management and staff action where needed
- Stepping in to manage activities for short and medium timeframes as assigned
- Systems infrastructure management (15%)
- Identifying, recommending, and implementing tech solutions to optimize development in a remote team context, including cloud drive, development tools, whiteboarding, communications, etc.
- Consulting experts as needed
- Providing or overseeing provision of system administration services for cloud-based tools not supported by Association IT.
- Managing and executing systems onboarding / offboarding of team members, vendors, partners and stakeholders.
- Partner, vendor and contributor engagement management (10%)
- Developing and maintaining a set of standardized and secure processes, including management controls, to engage with vendors and individual contributors, including organization of templates, generation of contracts, approvals, and signed versions.
- Executing the vendor/contributor engagement management process, with appropriate and timely escalation when needed
- Manage aspects of the DAS team's collaboration with technology partner for platform changes as assigned
- Other projects (5%)
- Accept assignments in areas outside of DAS that are consistent with the responsibilities outlined above.
- Agile Philosophy and methods (Scrum, Kanban, Lean...)
- General business knowledge
- Relationship management skills
- Facilitation and management skills (problem solving, negotiating, consulting, etc)
- Basic business management knowledge
- Problem solving
- 7+ years relevant program management experience including:
- Complex, cross-functional project participation
- Experience with team leadership at a small scale and scaling to large
- Cross-functional business exposure & engagement
- Complex project leadership experience
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) - beneficial
Change management skills (preferred)Why Work for Us?
At The Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You'll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.
We offer competitive benefits, PTO, flexible working principles, and a supportive, collaborative team environment.