We have a consulting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager in Cary, NC for a state contract ( CJLEADS) .
Role : Project Manager
Client Location : Cary, NC
Duration: 6 months (right now for the first WO… very good chance of getting extended or Hired)
VISA Requirement: (and a gov't background check will be performed as well).
1. Mandatory Experience: Criminal Justice experience required
2. JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Assume fiscal responsibility for the projects, including managing budget, expense management, timely
- invoicing, receivables tracking and monitoring /managing subcontractor expenses.
- Identify, document and escalate any performance issues and skills deficiencies of members of the
- project team to the appropriate management team.
- Assist in the response to RFIs and RFPs, utilizing the RFP Repository and coordinating the consulting
- resources that are providing the technical information.
- Prepare sample or high-level project plans to satisfy customer requirements to close deals, identify
- potential implementation options and provide recommendations on implementation approaches.
- Participate in deal review sessions with account teams and senior management.
- Complete risk assessment documents for projects, meeting articulated criteria (sizeable financial
- concerns, heavy use of subcontractors, implementation of new solutions, etc.)
- Participate with account management teams to write, estimate and review proposals for software,
- hosting, and services deals.
- Identify and /or review assignment of team members for Discovery Workshops, Assessments and other presales activities that require matching skills with specific agendas and services, and participate in these activities, including adding domain, administration and contracts expertise.
- Understand win/win negotiation principles.
- May support Senior Project Managers or Program Managers on large projects and may independently manage small scale projects.
- Manage internal or external customer expectations fully and acts as customer liaison.
- Manage SAS Software implementation projects throughout the project life cycle.
- Communicate the role of the project manager to the project team and internal or external client(s) by outlining authority, decision and communications chains.
- Identify and match skills of project team members with the implementation requirements and tasks, including subcontractors if required, and verify that team members know and understand their assignments.
- Leverage methodologies, enablers and best practices to accelerate project delivery.
- Ensure quality assurance and test plans are developed for the project.
- Maintain an accurate project plan, adheres to deadlines and communicates weekly project status reports, issues, alerts, signoffs and closure to the team, management and the customer.
- Forecast revenue and resource requirements for the duration of the project.
- Follow established change management procedures should project plans or schedules be adjusted.
- Ensure project designs and specifications provide a reliable blue print for implementation.
- Build relationships with clients that characterize partnership, cooperation and trust.
- Provide leadership and drives customer success while overcoming barriers and satisfying staff, management and stakeholder commitments.
- Resolve any conflict between the project and other organizational units in a satisfactory manner, including engaging management as necessary.
- Communicate project goals to those outside the project and engages management or leadership in other units as needed to ensure customer success.
- Complete engagement/project summary, project closeout procedures and skills inventory updates, when applicable, at end of project.
- Assure overall customer satisfaction through project health checks, surveys and Delivery Excellence agreements according the governing Project Management Methodology.
- Oversee knowledge management activities of the delivery team using knowledge server or comparable tool.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Criminal Justice experience required
- provided by Dice