Senior Product Marketing Manager
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager for our Curriculum & Academic Catalog products, you will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities, messaging, and positioning for the solution. You’ll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into higher ed benefits are crucial. You will be a highly visible contributor who will create the strategy behind and manage the campaigns that generate, and more importantly, nurture and convert sales leads. You’ll be joining a highly collaborative and fast-moving team that gets the job done. The ideal candidate is a digital expert with mad critical thinking skills and an understanding and proven track record in ABM, email marketing, content marketing, digital advertising and multi-channel demand generation campaigns.
About the company:
Kuali builds software solutions for higher education. We help our customers — colleges & universities — focus on providing a fantastic education to students by decreasing their administrative costs. We work in a competitive space, ripe for innovation, with users ready to be delighted.
Everyone should love their work.
Kuali has been voted a top place to work for 3 years in a row by the Salt Lake Tribune. We also made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers for 2020. We believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective and results in a better company and products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team and we encourage everyone to consider being a part of it.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Launch integrated campaigns to generate sales pipeline and drive revenue.
- Manage campaign planning and determine targeting and messaging to drive net-new leads, nurture existing leads, and most importantly convert leads into high-quality MQLs that sales can run with.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition and develop the tools that support successful sales
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – be the expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to compete
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for your product
- Storytelling – Spend time with partners and customers discovering their stories and strategically communicating with them through creative content production.
- Sales and Marketing Content – From the website, to thought-leader publications, sales data sheets, proposals and demonstrations, you’ll own the creation of content that drives growth for Kuali Student products.
- Customer Communications – You’ll work with the product team to create content to nurture relationships and add value.
- Events and Demonstrations – You’ll conduct virtual product demonstrations, represent products at conferences, and host product and thought-leader webinars for current and prospective customers.
- You’ll learn the market and ethically gather competitive intelligence to identify value propositions and inform content production.
- You know your stuff. You have a deep understanding of SaaS Marketing strategies and metrics while managing tradeoffs between growth and profitability.
- You’re an amazing marketing communicator with high SaaS business acumen. You listen, and your written, oral, and visual communication is clear, concise, and tuned carefully to your audience.
- You’re cool under pressure. Startups can get a bit hectic. You keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- You’re organized, communicative, and accountable—you own your role entirely, while being open to criticism, suggestions, edits, and new ideas.
- You’re a motivated self-starter who is focused on meeting goals and invested in learning how to improve how to strategically reach them.
- You’re a strong individual and team contributor who enjoys a fast-paced environment and is eager to adapt and adjust to seek success in performance
- You’re a resourceful, creative, problem-solver who cuts through barriers to get to multiple decision-makers and departments to create alignment and get results.
You spent time (after reading this) to review Kuali’s company values and are on board with them
- Degree in marketing, a related field, or corresponding years of equivalent experience.
- Product Marketing Manager experience with SaaS and B2B companies
- This position is fully remote and requires a space suitable for an effective working environment.
If you have some of these too we’ll be delighted
- Experience with the Higher Education community and a deep understanding of the ‘business’ of colleges and universities
- Experience creating sales and marketing content for business, higher ed or government audiences
- Experience supporting, demonstrating or conducting training for business or academic software systems
- Strong understanding of B2B content marketing strategies, web content production, webinar hosting and production and nurture campaign development
- Experience representing products or businesses at professional conferences
- Equipment for the success of your role
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your manager)
- Employee resource groups and community events (virtual during duration of pandemic)