Handshake is hiring a Senior Product Manager to build a new, zero to one, product experience supporting Student Groups. Handshake’s next chapter is focused on expanding support for students before and beyond the job search. When we talk to students, groups on campus and online often come up as a key resource that inspire, guide, and prepare students throughout their career navigation journey. In this role, you will work with a cross functional team that is empowered to ship, learn, and iterate quickly on this high priority and high visibility project.
Ultimately, we believe Handshake can give every student access to the career-defining power of a supportive community and we need your help to make that happen!
- Product Strategy. You’ll ensure that your squads have a cohesive and differentiated product strategy that ladders up into the Content & Community team and company strategy.
- Leadership. You’ll represent your squad and product area to executives, and translate company-wide strategies to your squad and into your roadmap. You’ll inspire your team on the product vision.
- Goal Setting. You’ll hold your squads accountable to clear goals that ensure they are tracking effectively towards their strategy.
- Planning and Execution. You’ll lead your team and stakeholders in prioritizing and collaborating on the roadmap while ensuring we have appropriate alignment with appropriate stakeholders. You will also exercise influence on adjacent product areas and organization-wide strategy.
- Collaboration. You’ll work closely with other key leaders in the Content & Community team (i.e. design, marketing, engineering, data) as well as leaders in other lines of businesses (E.g. Career Events, Paid Employer offerings) to ensure cohesive strategy and execution.
- Customer focused. You understand the needs of your customer better than anyone else and prioritize them everywhere, grounding your approach in data and research.
- Marketplace Fluent. You think holistically across the different user types and their respective incentives in a marketplace to create “matched”, end-to-end, successful products.
- Strong systems and analytical thinker. Can connect the dots, spot challenges and edge cases, integrate multiple considerations.
- Experience launching and managing a consumer product with 1M+ active users
- Expert at using data for tactical and strategic decisioning, goal setting, and iterating quickly.
Bonus areas of expertise
- PM experience leading the development and launch of net new, “zero to one” consumer products
- Experience managing a consumer product with significant scale (i.e. 10MM+ users)
- Experience working on social or group messaging products
- $145,000 - $190,000 per year