UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Do you get excited by tech and really enjoy getting into the weeds to ensure your product has a compelling value prop? Do you understand how integrations work and how 3rd party products are built? We are looking for someone who wants to drive the performance of their product: monthly, weekly, daily so that they can see improvements! You'll need to enjoy talking with the customers in order to fully understand what it means to walk in their shoes. You will be someone who consumes data quickly and demands insights. We are building a world-class large-scale messaging platform to enable UHC customers to get on with their mobile lives!
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop a product strategy for customer facing messaging products in the mobile and web channels across the B2B and Mass Consumer space
- Establish success metrics, OKRs, and go-to-market plans
- Be the voice of the customer and end-user; proactively provide customer feedback to internal teams. This includes being the voice of the service organization that is closest to the customer
- Write user stories; including acceptance criteria and edge cases
- Ensure clarity of requirements by providing detailed acceptance criteria to the development teams
- Work with engineering and design/UX teams to estimate, implement, build features and produce product prototypes
- Test, validate and identify weaknesses in prototypes and make the necessary changes (A/B, research, analysis, usability, etc).
- Oversee and execute on annotated wire frames with UX and design
- Provide direction to product marketing teams to produce growth in user base and help drive GTM plans
- Conduct ongoing analysis/research to evaluate opportunities for product improvement and work with internal teams to implement solutions and iterate - Maintain and groom a backlog of feature, technical enhancements
- Ensure GTM is effective and delivers successfully against key outcomes/objectives
- Obtain feedback from clients, designers, and engineers, and adjust product specifications as needed
WHAT IS NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Vision: Always looking through the lens of the consumer and thinking of how to make their life better
- A Foundation in UX: Experience in product management, product development, and UX design for launching consumer-facing software that touches millions of users. Acknowledging and driving the product against customers that demand products that enable mobility
- Ability to ask Why: Comfortable asking the right questions to drive to the core of the user problem
- Instinct: Strong consumer product instincts
- Dig Deep: Being able to dig in and go all the way down the rabbit hole to identify challenges
- Collaboration Nation: Experience incubating and commercializing new ideas by working closely with technical and creative teams from concept generation through implementation. Ability to navigate and lead through a complex matrix organization to deliver outcomes
- Communication: Ability to present and hold a dialog in a variety of forums: executive, front-line and industry events
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 6+ years of proven experience in a Product Management role at a software company
- 2-3 years' experience working with data platforms, defining and recording transactional data at scale
- 2+ years of experience managing communication or messaging services (UCaaS, SMS, MMS, ABC, etc)
- 5+ years of experience communicating directly with customers, executives and people across all levels and functions in the organization
- 5+ years' experience working with engineers to deliver software using Agile methodologies and lead solution design with engineering partners
- 2-3 years background in the Medicare and Retirement space a plus
- Solid understanding of the drivers/levers of a large-scale operation
- Experience using AHA, Jira, Rally, etc. Including breaking-down work, writing stories, etc
- Technically savvy and experience with communications (i.e. UCaaS), enterprise software, and experience with messaging protocols (SMS, MMS, ABC, etc) is required
- Strong writing skills that will be used with both product and engineering. You can communicate sophisticated matters concisely and clearly
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many sources, prioritize, and partner with engineering and design to deliver
- Ability to partner with analytics teams on complex data sets to make data driven decisions and garner relevant insights
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here .
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $1171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: #RPO, Remote, WFH, Telecommute, Senior Product Manager, Product, Product Strategy, work at home, WAH, telecommute, #RPO