A diverse and inclusive Splunk helps us achieve our mission of making data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone, and drives great outcomes for our company, our communities and each other. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a smart, passionate and experienced Senior Product Manager with experience working in larger and smaller companies in a high-tempo dynamic environment.
In this role you will define and drive the roadmap for infrastructure. This highly transparent position involves working closely with customers and across functions with Architects, Engineers, and Business/Product Architects/Engineers. We rely on you to represent customer demand while leading a diverse matrix team from idea to inception, as well as lead the front end processes for infrastructure offerings across Splunk.
In the role of Product Manager for the IT group, you'll work on teams building platforms and infrastructure products/services. We build products based on data, hypotheses, and MVPs, not on our opinions or our seniority. We want you to contribute in the same way.
You will collaborate with internal customers and key stakeholders to conduct discovery that defines the evolution of the Infrastructure Service Platform vision, strategy and creation of an appropriate roadmap, identifying key milestones and transition plan over the course of 12-36 months.
You will support the development of implementation plans across multiple domains and areas of expertise.
You will serve as the primary expert in the components capabilities of IT infrastructure. You will work with key stakeholders in the creation of product offerings composed of compute, storage, and networking services that reflect technical command of these services as they relate to industry trends.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that!
* Define, deliver and optimize roadmaps against data driven goals to meet product objectives
* You'll be the liaison between scrum master, developers/testers partners, and cultivate tact and respectful communication across these groups. You will assist in Scrum related activities, including sprints and client demos. Knowledge of leading multiple projects, work streams, and Kanban boards in Jira.
* You have a practical understanding of good experimental design and statistical concepts related to hypothesis testing.
* You are a self-starter with experience leading matrix teams through influence rather than authority
* You function within Agile principles: Focus on the business need; Deliver on time; Never compromise quality; Build incrementally from firm foundations; Develop iteratively; Communicate continuously and clearly.
* You will demonstrate strong familiarity with and aptitude for cloud computing principles
* Ensure that our product evolution thoughtfully addresses product adoption/migration experience
* Build strong relationships internally and externally; present roadmaps, sophisticated ideas and features to broad teams in an effective manner
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field, or equivalent experience and typically 7+ years' total work experience.
* 3+ years of consumer or enterprise internet software product management experience.
* Validated ability to drive, contribute to, and communicate solutions to technical product challenges.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
* Communicating resolution and/or critical issue of pertinent project issues, along with ongoing regular updates to manager level and executive level is required.
* Demonstrable ability to understand code for automation, data analysis, or prototyping product features.
* Technical understanding of basic infrastructure technologies such as compute, storage and network.
* Excellent data analysis skills.
* Confirmed leadership skills.
* Confirmed ability to make data-driven business decisions
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
* A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
* A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun, and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
* Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
* A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.