Job Posted: February 8, 2024
Location: North America
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our talented New Products team in North America. As the new guide, you'll be leading a team of skilled engineers, designers, and marketers who are all passionate about helping people achieve success with automation through Zapier. Our mission is to make work easier and more productive for everyone, and we're thrilled to have you on board to help us make that happen!
You'll be the owner of one of our newest products, Interfaces, which is changing the game for businesses by offering a customizable, drag-and-drop system with components that connect to automated workflows. With text, media, forms, different views and displays, you'll have everything you need to create seamless and effective automated processes.
We're on a fast-paced growth trajectory, and we're aiming to scale from tens of thousands of users to hundreds of thousands, and maybe even millions! Your impact on Interfaces will be felt by our vast user base, and you could even become the driving passion behind loyal Zapier customers. This is your chance to spearhead the growth and development of one of the foundational pillars for the future of Zapier.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- You are obsessed with the customer. You have a strong desire to deliver a high-quality experience for every single user who touches the product. You will drop what you are doing to take a Zoom call with a customer, in fact, you probably talk with several customers every week right now. You would rather talk with customers than work on PRDs or organize Jira.
- You sweat the details. You know that there’s a conversion rate behind every new feature introduced (or bug that exists in the product). You strive for a high-quality experience and you regularly test key user flows on a weekly basis. If you run into a bug on a demo call, it makes your heart sink.
- You are excited about the opportunity to scale a product from 1 to 10. You should already have experience shipping value to customers at scale. You can see around corners when it comes to shipping new features and will preemptively think about how to mitigate potential problems.
- You have an eye for design. You have an established track record of working with product designers. If you have a background in design this will be a huge plus. You regularly pair with product design to build and optimize features and user flows. Whenever you receive a link to a Figma file, you get excited.
- You have experience in B2B SaaS and rallying the team around these business metrics. You enjoy connecting daily work to the bigger picture and key business metrics, ideally through storytelling and narrative.
- You have strong product intuition. You understand the value of “gut feel”, but you know that it needs to be backed up with quantitative data and hard evidence too. You understand the value of proper tracking and analytics. You know Amplitude or Mixpanel like the back of your hand.
- You have a track record of rallying your team around KPIs and business metrics. You can cast an exciting vision of the future and get the entire team to perform at a high-level.
- You are hungry to make an impact. You know that building product is a means to an end. You want to build a line of business for Zapier that generates meaningful revenue and is loved by customers at the same time.
- You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can use written communication to communicate your team’s vision, roadmap, and progress. You know the right tool for the job whether it’s managing the day-to-day cadence of projects or building cross-company momentum around a project.
- You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
Things You’ll Do
- Product Lifecycle Management: You will spearhead the product journey from the initial stages of development right through to the exciting launch into the market. You will work alongside a dynamic and diverse team of experts, ensuring that our products are delivered with precision and punctuality.
- Roadmap Development: You will have the exciting task of crafting, managing and refining a product roadmap that aligns with our organizational objectives. This roadmap will provide a clear and concise pathway for the Interfaces team, ensuring that each task is aligned with our larger strategic goals
- Strategic Leadership: You will be the driving force behind the high-level product strategy for Zapier Interfaces. Using your keen foresight, careful planning and insightful analysis of market trends and opportunities, you will significantly impact Zapier's competitive positioning.
- Customer Interaction: We value the importance of maintaining regular connections with our customers, which is why a key part of your role will involve consistent engagement with our users. Your customer-centric thinking will significantly shape our product decisions, ensuring that our customers' needs, desires and potential product use cases are always front and center.
- Data-Informed Decision Making: You will leverage tools like Amplitude to glean vital insights, understand patterns and interpret product performance metrics. Your data-driven decision-making process will lead to improved product functionality and higher customer satisfaction.
- Optimization Expert: Your proficiency in conducting A/B testing will drive enhancements to both user experience and conversion rates. By continually refining our offerings, you will drive Interfaces' market fit and overall success.
- Team Leadership: You will guide and rally engineers, designers and marketers to deliver high-impact projects. Your collaborative spirit will be a cornerstone responsibility in your role.
- Stakeholder Communication: We believe in effective communication, which is why you will adopt effective communication channels to consistently update all stakeholders, including executive management. Your role will involve delivering both written and verbal updates detailing progress, wins and challenges. This ensures transparency, improves team synergy and aligns the entire organization with product milestones and directions.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; Pay for impact
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are (minimum - midpoint - maximum):
- United States: 167,400 - 209,200 - 251,00 USD
- Canada: 167,400 - 209,200 - 251,00 CAD
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for demonstrated experience, job knowledge, skills, abilities, and internal equity. We use a business impact approach to base pay, which means we set pay for all Zapiens based on their demonstrated impact on Zapier’s success. In alignment with that philosophy, the upper half of a pay range is typically reserved for individuals who have consistently demonstrated a high impact in their current role and level while at Zapier.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We're looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal-opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base. Zapier will consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: The anticipated application window is 30 days from the date job is posted, unless the number of applicants requires it to close sooner or later, or if the position is filled.
Even though we’re an all-remote company, we still need to be thoughtful about where we have Zapiens working. Check out this resource for a list of countries where we currently cannot have Zapiens permanently working.