Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are expanding our product lines and becoming a global company. We’re just getting started, and we’re looking for a strong product leader to take on this big challenge!
We’re looking for a Product Manager for Identity, who will lead a foundational product area. You’ll tackle sophisticated product challenges that impact many teams, improve the experience of all of our users, and drive a direct impact on key business goals. This includes working on everything from integrating third-party data providers, to optimizing our identity verification checks, to up-leveling the Identity platform as we expand internationally. You’ll lead one of the areas that make up Trust & Safety: Identity. The Trust & Safety team is in hyper growth in terms of its size and impact, which is why this is a unique opportunity to set and complete a product strategy that will shape the future of Affirm.
What You'll Do
- Lead and guide product direction for a cross-functional team of engineering, analytics, and platform partners. All with a platform mindset.
- Engage and cultivate relationships with product, compliance, engineering, and platform partners to influence shared cross-team directions and manage risks or trade-offs.
- Define product requirements, work with the engineering team to drive requirements, work with engineering teams in sprint planning and prioritization of user stories to deliver the requirements, work with other stakeholders on planning and launching the products/features.
- Work with analytics team to measure ongoing success of the product area and report to the leadership team
- Become an authority in Affirm’s Identity systems, their pain points, and opportunities for improvement. You will identify customer needs, compliance requirements, and technology gaps through a combination of user research, feedback, data exploration, and competitive analysis
- Become an expert on industry trends of Identity platform capabilities, and utilize the knowledge to shape the roadmap.
- Communicate clearly and crisply with leadership stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams and organizations through formal operational processes and in scrappy ways.
What We Look For
- 5+ years of product management experience in the software tech industry
- Track record of experimenting and successfully launching at scale
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a diverse stakeholder audience
- Very good at influencing leadership and cross-functional teams
- Solid technical chops that allow you to have in depth technical discussions and opinions
- Excellent at identifying and prioritizing high impact initiatives
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Excellent at establishing cross-functional relationships, tapping into those relationships and drive consensus to make progress
- Comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization