Your Role & Mission
We are hiring a Sr. Product Designer, Growth Activation to help craft the future of Apollo. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the design efforts of our Activation Growth team, focusing on creating user experiences that drive user adoption and engagement. You’ll play a vital role in growing our Apollo user base and turning them into loyal customers.
Our Product Managers, Design, and Engineering teams are structured as Squads that are focused on several core features of the product. You will be assigned to a Squad alongside one Product Manager and a team of Engineers that will be solely dedicated to Product Growth.
Daily Adventures & Responsibilities
- Working with the Product Manager in growth squads to help brainstorm, hypothesize and validate through rapid testing to frame the right problem.
- Create high-quality end-to-end flows for our onboarding and activation features.
- Working with Engineers on your squad to understand constraints, handoff designs, and run design QA.
- Collaborating with your squad during Weekly Sprint planning & Daily Standups to ensure that we are building the best experience.
- Collaborating with other Designers to provide feedback, share + learn best practices & maintain a cohesive experience in the product.
- Interviewing users to validate designs & learn about user problems.
- Using & building upon our design system to update portions of your surface.
- Output meaningful, coherent, and end-to-end solutions that can boost our key metrics.
- Consistently integrating quantitative and qualitative data into essential product decisions.
Skills & Competencies
- 6+ years of experience designing and shipping complex web-based products.
- You have experience working across onboarding surfaces and/or on a growth team. This includes being familiar with iterative experimentation, such as A/B testing.
- You have expert design instincts & best practice knowledge to translate user problems, user goals, business objectives, and technical constraints into excellent product experiences to deliver quick turnarounds & shorten feedback loops.
- You’re a self-starter that thrives while working in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have experience creating and maintaining components across multiple product surfaces in Figma.
- You are a voracious learner, constantly trying to learn how to improve customer experience, and drive core metrics. Continuously learns new industry standards, staying up to date with how to get the most out of modern design tools including Figma.
- You have a passion for typography and copywriting and know how to write a simple, compelling microcopy to support your UI design.
- You’re experimentation-oriented – You have the ability to conduct user interviews, analyze the results of interviews, form hypotheses, test hypothesis with users via prototypes or product experimentation, and iterate.
- No big ego – we can uphold excellent rhythms within our Product Management, Engineering & Design squads because each member has respect for each other, and has a shared understanding of the goals, vision, and principles that Apollo operates on.
- You’re highly interested in user-centric design – we like to push each other to stay at the cutting edge of our field :)
- You live and breathe design!
- Marketing, Brand design experience
- UX Writing