This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Product Designer, joining our Design team.
Design is at the forefront of everything we do. A Senior Product Designer's job is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life with a deep knowledge of working within a diverse team (design, engineering, and product management)—taking responsibility for the entire design process from initial research, ideation, conceptualization, and design, to testing and validation.
What this job can offer you
- Take ownership of strategic design and user-experience decisions, and pioneer new functions and features that solve our user’s problems.
- Join a close knit group inside Remote, serving a critical part of the product for our customers.
- Work in a user-centered way, to discover, define, rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Work in cross-collaborative teams with product and engineering to implement new features and iteration - learning rapidly from seeing your work in the real world.
- Join a supportive design practice where you will help further increase the design team’s level of ux maturity.
What you bring
- An advanced level of product design experience. You effectively translate user needs and business goals into design solutions.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments, fintech or HR tech experience is a big plus for this position.
- An impressive portfolio showcasing a clear understanding of simplicity, typography, interaction design and UI design, displaying a deep understanding of the product design process
- Proven experience of advocacy for the customer and applying UX methodologies including user research and insights to your design.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the practice of design iteration - you will always be experimenting, evaluating and learning. You approach problems from multiple perspectives to get the best solution.
- A systematic approach to creating and maintaining our design system - exceptional communication skills to explain the rationales behind decisions clearly and concisely
- You'll report to: Product Design Director
- Team: Design
- Location: Global
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $51,500 - $173,900K. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Design exercise
- Interview with team members/cross functional partners (no managers present)
- Second Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)