HGI Homesite Group Incorporated
Our Enterprise is driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. If you are in search of a new challenge and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every new job opportunity is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your new journey by reviewing and applying for new job opportunities you are interested in!Job ID:
R25605 Senior Product Data Engineer II - Open to Remote (Open)Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
We seek an individual who is data and design-oriented, and who can partner with data users to drive toward useful solutions. The Digital Product Development team sits at the intersection of technology, product, and distribution and plays a crucial role in driving our business performance and improving customer experience.
Success in this role requires a laser-focus on identifying data and analytics opportunities to improve results, developing an implementation plan, and executing against it. A successful candidate must thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment. The candidate must be able to quickly establish relationships with key stakeholders across functional areas to build innovative solutions for our digital platforms. And most critically, the candidate must bring an execution-oriented mindset to this role.
- Digital data engineering
- Support the development of technical product architecture, design and implementation of data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower product management to solve their data driven analytics and reporting needs.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Property COE's digital product data warehouse / data lake infrastructure using AWS data stack, Python, Redshift, Athena, SQL etc. and support critical reporting/insights development.
- Drive better decision making by creating and owning decision support tools that range from BI dashboards to interactive applications
- Manage ETLs to source data from various commercial, sales and operational systems and create unified data model for analytics and reporting
- Collaborate closely with product, partner, analytics, and engineering teams to ship and iterate internal tools (including crafting data strategies and specs, driving alignment and reviews, managing in-flight work, and understanding outcomes)
- Review analytics results and ensure accuracy by utilizing stakeholders and industry knowledge
- Property COE mission support
- Participate in dialogue within and outside Property COE on how best to support enterprise distribution channels
- Provide feedback to team members
- Pitch in as needed on ad hoc projects
- Education: Bachelor's degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Work Experience: Degree in Analytics, Data Science. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field with 5+ years industry experience in enterprise data technologies
- Tech Forward: 5+ years of experience in data architecture and 3+ years of experience in cloud technologies
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, and experience with MS SQL and AWS Redshift
- Have advanced skills and experience working with the following technologies: SQL, Python, Tableau, AWS Redshift, ETL processes and tools, and MS SQL
- Experience with at least one relational database technology such as Redshift, Oracle, MySQL, or MS SQL
- Experience creating, unit testing, and deploying ETL pipelines
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and Agile
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Experience with Google analytics
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: A self-starter who can identify business opportunities, develop a plan to capitalize on those opportunities, and successfully implement the plan.
- Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses.
- Execution Oriented: The ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables under tight deadlines. Willingness to hold oneself and others accountable for meeting deadlines and achieving goals.
- Analytical Rigor: Proven capability in development and managing quantitative analysis.
- Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper.
- Team Player: Ability to work well both as part of a team and as a team leader.
Additional Job Information
When you work at the American Family Enterprise, you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!