The Data & Platform role is a critical role within the Animal Health business unit for defining the commercial and marketing data domains and coordinating with the Global for the implementation of data engineering and architecture capabilities within the US. Our Sr. Principal Engineer will closely collaborate with key stakeholders including global, specifically, the Global Data & Platform Manager - Data Governance & MDM and other local groups to support data quality and supporting operational processes for commercial and marketing use cases. This role has the potential to be remote.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with global and local leadership to set data engineering and architecture strategy.
- Owns data governance for the Data Domains and related systems in line with national and international regulations, GxP, information protection, adherence to contractual obligations and ensures compliance. Creates and maintains of Data Sharing Terms accordingly.
- Manages overall setup of data assets within the data domains and decides about iterations of data assets (e.g. aggregation, slicing and redundancies of logical data sets, including optimization of data sets for specific purposes).
- Establish a unified database engineering methodology across database engineering functions. Informs requirements for next generation data lake technologies.
- Defines quality indicators for data within their domains, ensures implementation in system, measurement and management.
- Supports Projects using data in their domains. Manages team of contractors for data pull and other work to support other DA&I partners. Trains contractors to set them up for success.
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or information systems.
- Seven-plus (7+) years of relevant work experience.
- Three-plus (3+) years of leading teams / managing contractors.
- Three to five (3-5) years of leading projects, ideally in an international environment.
- Extensive Data, SQL, architecture, Data Governance experience / knowledge.
- Knowledge of and experience in Business Transformation.
- Specific expertise and understanding of the specific nature of data in the Animal Health or comparable commercial and marketing data domains. Digital marketing, digital commerce, campaign management need to be generally understood, described and distinguished.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to apply data engineering principles, concepts, practices, and standards including knowledge and use of Animal Health or Pharma data and working knowledge of industry practices.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas, facts, and technical information to management, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Models willingness to learn as well as train others on data engineering topics.
- Coaching project and team members.
- Excellent communication and change management skills and continuous improvement knowledge and mindset.
- Proven analytical & statistical skills.
- Strategic thinking and mindset.
- Ability to gain rapidly very good understanding of related processes and businesses.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19."
This position offers a base salary typically between ($113,500) and ($141,900). There is opportunity to consider higher compensation above this range based on business need, candidate experience and or skills. The position is eligible for a role specific variable and/or performance-based bonus and or other compensation elements. For an overview of our benefits please click here.Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.