Job Description: Senior Network Security Engineer
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company . Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You will lead by example, help plan and carry out the organization's network security strategy. You will evolve the current set of network security architecture standards and best practices for the organization and recommend network security enhancements to management as needed.
You also have:
What You'll Do
- Undergraduate degree and 10+ years relevant experience, or
- Graduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience.
- Organizational expert within network infrastructure, operations & security subject areas.
- Integrates deep subject matter expertise with:
- Industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of professional standards and trends within area of expertise.
- Relevant related disciplines.
- Business goals and strategy.
- Deep experience in deploying application-based firewalls (Palo Alto or similar) on premises or in cloud services (Prisma, Zscaler or similar), and SSL inspection techniques.
- Proficiency in multiple security technologies, including; network security, NGFW, NAC, network segmentation, network security architecture.
- Experience with security technologies such as SAML and PKI Infrastructure.
- Experience with Network Access Control deployment in a large enterprise.
- Experience with authentication systems such as RADIUS, TACACS+, SSO, LDAP
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Experience with architecting and designing secure topologies within cloud environments (AWS, Azure, and GCP)
- SD-WAN experience (Aryaka) is a huge plus
- Network Security Automation and DevOps experience is a definite plus
- Strong Cisco Routing and Switching experience (BGP, OSPF, VPC, traffic engineering, Multicast, etc.) is a definite plus
As a Senior Network Security Engineer you'll be part of our Global IT team located in remotely in CT.
Benefits & Perks
- Periodically assess and reevaluate network security landscape based on industry best practices, SBD business needs and leading-edge innovations to secure enterprise network systems.
- Provide network security architecture and consulting engagement with internal and external partners to satisfy stakeholders' requirements.
- Play a pivotal role in understanding key security initiatives from company executives/ sponsors, align them to as necessary, and drive them to closure with collaboration and partnerships.
- Closely partner with IT security and infrastructure groups to help each other's technical requirements.
- Active hands-on participation with team members in proof of concepts and production simulation activities in a non-production environment to showcase new features and capabilities.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential design challenges to prevent them from occurring in production and continuously improve overall IT security posture.
- Acts as escalation point for engineering team and diagnoses and resolves highly complex network design challenges
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. #LI-AH1 EEO:
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.