The Company and Opportunity
My client works within the insurance industry and their main cash cow product is a platform that allows all relevant parties in the insurance process to communicate. They also have clients which they consult for and provide a software service to. They are Randburg located and offer 100% remote at present, post Covid there will be expectation to attend the office 3+/- days per month.
They are currently at a head count of 33 people which means there is lots of responsibility and autonomy provided to employees to complete tasks. The successful candidate will become the "Angular Guru" at my client, taking on a technical lead role for everything Angular related. Responsibilities will include, but not restricted to:
1. Design, Develop and Maintain a suite of Angular/WebApi applications.
2. Recommend patterns and technologies to wider team
3. Mentor a team of ASP.Net developers in their angular learning journey
4. Liaise with project owners to help define business requirements.
5. Participate in code reviews across all project teams
Technical Skills Required
- 7+ years' experience developing scalable web applications.
- Knowledge of Angular 8+
- Advanced knowledge of C#, .Net Core, .Net Standard and .Net 4.x
- Advanced knowledge of Entity Framework
- Strong understanding of web design principles, industry standards, patterns and architecture.
- Extensive professional experience with Object-Oriented Languages.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with service-based architectures, preferred.
- Experience with Relational Databases; DB design, stored procedures, T-SQL, DB architecture.
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2017.
- Experience with Rest JSON web services
- Experience with NPM
- Experience with Hangfire
- Experience with SignalR
Non-Technical Skills Required
- Passion for designing compelling user experiences.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboratively across cross-functional teams
- Ability to meet deadlines while multitasking across multiple projects.
- Ability to lead in creative, business, and technical discussions.
- Ability and desire to mentor other developers and provide technical leadership.
- Ability to rapidly deliver rich functional prototypes.
- High aptitude and initiative toward learning new skills.
- Driven toward building quality solutions with tangible business results.
- Contribute to and improve the development process and lifecycle.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Any Exposure to the Insurance industry would be advantageous