Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Manager, Technology Project Management - Enterprise Data (Remote-Eligible)
The EDML (Enterprise. Data. Machine Learning.) organization delivers exceptional technology, products, services and processes to support our Data and Machine Learning ecosystems and core functions that support holistic operations for Capital One as an enterprise. EDML consists of 5 towers: Center for Machine Learning (C4ML), Risk Tech, Finance Tech, People Tech, Enterprise Data Tech, and a Horizontal Chief of Staff office supporting all of the towers. Our Enterprise Data tower is hiring talented technology project management professionals to join their team!
In this role, you will manage and support high priority projects and programs for the organization. You will collaborate with smart and passionate leaders to influence results that have a direct impact on the company's technology initiatives. From problem solving across departments and levels -- to facilitating meetings and driving alignment on plans -- you'll have a wide range of duties to keep progress moving forward.
The ideal candidate can deliver in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Additionally, the candidate needs to be skilled in managing stakeholder and customer expectations, while concurrently maintaining delivery momentum. The role requires a well-rounded individual who is comfortable adjusting their approach to meet unique needs across multiple stakeholder groups within a complex organization.
Our ideal teammate has experience in:
- Working closely with leadership to build out, manage, and execute strategic technology delivery plans
- Collaborating with teams across the enterprise to understand priorities and drive delivery
- Building relationships within the line of business, technology, and product teams
- Utilizing varied project management and Agile methodologies to lead technology change management practices
- Leveraging delivery metrics and data to formulate and flex change strategies
- Exhibit a proven track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage the work
- Partner with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Leverage problem solving skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent and maintain key project documentation
- Identify ways to improve and streamline business process
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Effectively engage with stakeholders, product and technology partners, and external vendors to help drive tool and process improvements
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- At least 7 years of technology process or project management experience
- At least 2 years of program management experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years technology process or project management experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean, Agile, or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified or experience (or other scaled Agile frameworks)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).