Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Manager, Cyber Threat Detection (Remote Eligible) Capital One's Cyber
Organization is a fast-paced, dynamic environment committed to enabling and securing the business. Our Operations & Intelligence
division is searching for an experienced Sr. Manager
to contribute to our Threat Detection
team. In this role, you will be responsible for solving hard problems using cutting edge technology in the areas of engineering, alert development, and monitoring. This position has the potential to lead people. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly lead a team of (3-6) detection engineers in the research, development, and production of detection analytics.
- Strategize and implement best practices to detect malicious activity in a fast-paced, ever-changing technology environment.
- Lead the construction of signatures which can be implemented on cyber defense network tools in response to new or observed threats within the network environment or enclave.
- Hire, develop, and retain top technical talent that are collectively mission-focused and high-performing.
- Understand the business drivers of the enterprise and partner with relevant stakeholders to ensure robust monitoring and expanded coverage across our hosts, networks, and applications.
- Collaborate with operation teams to build novel detections, establish repeatable processes, and drive automation for containment and remediation activities.
- Coordinate with enterprise-wide cyber defense staff to validate alerts and conduct continuous testing.
- Develop a KPI program to measure program effectiveness and efficiency based on data collected from multiple sources.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of adversary techniques and emerging threats that could adversely impact business activities
- Respond to inquiries from regulatory entities, risk management and audit teams, providing clear and complete documentation of procedures and workflows
- Encourage continued innovation and improvement in how we apply the intelligence lifecycle.
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to work with little oversight, representing the company's interests and values
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry with increased oversight
- Outstanding customer service and stakeholder management
- Experience with data analysis, and security event and incident management platforms
- Must be able to apply independent judgment
- Experience working in a security operation center
- Strong ability compartmentalize information and structure findings in an easy to consume format
- Thought leadership and industry influence
- Proven track record of developing high-impact products on emerging technical trends
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- 8+ years of experience in in Information Technology or Cyber Security
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years of experience using Security Information and Event Management technologies
- 3+ years experience securing Cloud Security across AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in transforming a threat detection capability
- Experience working with cyber threat intelligence and the Mitre ATT&CK framework
- 5+ years of experience leading a technical team
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $230,100 - $262,700 for Sr Manager, Cyber Technical
Location is San Francisco, California: $243,800 - $278,200 for Sr Manager, Cyber Technical
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $195,000 - $222,600 for Sr Manager, Cyber Technical
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).