Vir Biotechnology is looking for an accomplished Senior Machine Learning Scientist who will report to our Senior Director of Machine Learning. You will play a crucial role in the development and implementation of cutting-edge machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms that lead to innovative solutions in the biotechnology field. You will collaborate with research scientists, bioinformatics experts and software engineers to tackle complex problems in areas such as genomics, diagnostics, and antibody and small molecule drug discovery.
This role is open to remote employees. Vir only supports remote employees within the United States and reserves the right to approve work locations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to define project goals, design experiments, and translate biological questions into computational problems.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in machine learning, artificial intelligence and computational biology, and incorporate relevant techniques into our research pipeline.
- Maintain a high standard of software best practices, including appropriate testing, code review and version management (Github).
- Contribute to the preparation of scientific publications, patents, and presentations, highlighting our research achievements and discoveries.
- Work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work from multiple projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Physics, Statistics, or a related field with a focus on machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- 2+ years of experience working in a data science setting.
- Evidence of autonomous analytical skills, creativity, and high productivity through prior work experience, projects, awards and publications.
- Programming skills in Python, R, or other relevant languages. Familiarity with a second programming language.
- Expertise in multiple machine learning frameworks and libraries, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or scikit-learn.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience with biological data analysis and domain knowledge in biotechnology.
The expected salary range for this position is $147,500.00 to $216,000.00. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors.