We are looking for an applied Senior ML Engineer to design and build out advanced ML/DL/Graph algorithmic solutions to enable our soon-to-be-launched digital transformation product which uses advanced NLP, knowledge engineering, and ML to accelerate innovation in engineering, manufacturing, and scientific operations. The perfect candidates will have strong skills in deep learning, graph analytics, and probability theory, a proven track record of collaborating and iteratively implementing data-intensive solutions, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, and effective project leadership. You will be a part of an early-stage team. You will educate stakeholders, mentor team members, and have a significant stake in defining the future of our our knowledge graph strategy for the product.
* Design, build, and maintain production multi-tenant knowledge graph AI systems enabled by deep/machine learning and semantic engines over many content types (natural language, images, etc.)
* Work closely with data scientists, micro-service developers, and data engineers to build out knowledge graph driven AI solutions incrementally and securely
* Champion a cultural shift to MLOps best practices and adoption of the data science platform
* Work closely with the product management and development teams to rapidly translate the understanding of customer data and requirements to product and solutions
* Maintain an excellent understanding of the business's long-term goals and strategy and ensures that the design and architecture are aligned with these
* Define and manage SLA's for data sets and processes running in production
* Research and experiment with emerging technologies and tools related to knowledge graphs and related AI fields
* Establish and reinforce disciplined software engineering processes and best-practices
* Deep understanding of modern vector/embedding-based graph representation techniques with the ability to design and implement algorithms for their generation
* Mastery of Tensorflow/Pytorch frameworks for implementing and optimizing deep learning algorithms for training quality and serving performance
* Experience with high performance probabilistic programming libraries (TF Probability, Pyro)
* Deep understanding and experience implementing graph analytics solutions in distributed systems (community detection/understanding, pattern matching, sub-graph extraction, importance ranking)
* Deep understanding of the theoretical and practical tradeoffs of various NoSQL stores (Cassandra, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, etc.) with respect to different read/write patterns and availability/consistency requirements
* Exposure to industry or academic research, particularly in deep learning and neural networks
* Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding background with either Java, Python, C++, or Scala programming experience
* Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (unit testing, code reviews, design document, continuous delivery)
* Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely
* Entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial experience where you helped lead the creation of a new product & organization
Nice to Have's
* Experience working with knowledge graphs stores (Stardog, TigerGraph, Ontotext GraphDB, Neo4j) and surrounding semantic technology (OWL, RDF, SWRL, SPARQL, JSON-LD)
* Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (AWS Data Pipeline, Apache Airflow, Argo, etc.)
* Experience with stream-processing systems (ksqlDB, Spark Streaming, Apache Beam/Flink, etc.)
* BA/BS or Masters in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields
* Experience with at least 10+ terabyte datasets, ideally up to multiple petabytes
We're building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future so they can determine the best course of action in the present. Join us!
What We Offer
* Competitive base salary and bonus
* A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site:
For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $140,000 - $239,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.