Senior Java Spring Boot Engineer/API Engineer (Remote)
Our client, a global supplier for IT services, requires experienced Senior Java Sprint Boot Engineer/API Engineers to join their team in their clients' office in Stockley Park, London. This is a 6 months temporary contract, to start on 1st of February 2021.
The right candidate should have hands-on experience in application development using latest technologies such as JEE, Java 8+, Microservices, Spring boot framework.
- Able to contribute to projects within the API team, and the critical path of development
- Collaborate with the rest of the technology, product and design team to deliver features that add value
- Work to define development standards and ensure they are upheld
- Contribute to continual improvement of standards and development practices
- Support the teams QA responsibility, through PR review's, automated and manual testing
- Deployment, manage roll back procedures and oversee deployment
- Pair and work collaboratively with others
- Provide technical guidance & mentoring to product teams during Sprint/Development
- Hands-on experience in Application Development using latest technologies such as JEE, Java 8+, Microservices, Springboot framework.
- A proven track record in building APIs with REST/SOAP
- Practical experience of best coding/design practices and patterns, optimizations, scaling and clustering
- Written tests in TDD/BDD fashion with unit test (JUnit), Integration test, Acceptance test and Contract testing
- Hands on experience with Apache Kafka/Azure events hub, other messaging systems
- Experience with distributed caching (Redis/Coherence/JGroups)
- Knowledge of Linux Packaging (RPM) or Cloud deployment (KVM, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in working with a relational and/or graph database (Postgres/SQL Server and Mongo Atlas)
- Writing dockerFile or creating deployable with Maven or Gradle build tool
- Hands on knowledge of cloud platforms like Azure & AWS
- Experience in defining pipelines for Build and deployment in any Cloud platforms using CI/CD tools such as Concourse/Jenkins
- Overall 5+ years of experience in Web Application Development
- Derive outcome with a team of 3 to 4 members
- Negotiating, client facing, communication, assertive, team leading/team member skills, supportive.