Our partner is looking for a Senior Java Engineer for a remote position. Candidates have to be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. In this role, you will focus on making Elasticsearch more secure for the user community.
* Evolve the security features of Elasticsearch.
* Implement authentication, authorization, and other security protocols within Elasticsearch.
* Build the foundation of security for the ELK Stack using knowledge of cryptographic primitives and security trade-offs.
* Prototype new ideas and experimenting openly.
* Collaborate in the open with the Elasticsearch team, Elastic Stack users, and others supporting open source projects.
* Work with the community on bugs and performance issues and assisting out support engineers with tougher customer issues.
* 8+ years of experience in software engineering, preferably with a focus on server side Java development.
* Highly proficient in Java, conversant in the standard library of data structures and concurrency constructs, as well as newer features like lambdas.
* Very strong algorithm implementation and optimization skills.
* Experience securing applications and knowledge of security protocols.
* Experience with and a passion for Identity and Access Management, Authentication and Authorization.
* Experience leading and owning cross-functional initiatives.
* Experience implementing Single-Sign-On protocols such as SAML or OpenID Connect.
* Hashing and encryption experience.
* You've worked in open source before and are familiar with different styles of source control workflow and continuous integration.
* You've built things with Elasticsearch before, and understand how distributed systems operate and the limitations and advantages.
* Competitive pay
* Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
* Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
* Generous number of vacation days each year
* Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
* Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
* Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave