Job Purpose and Overview
Appfire is seeking to hire a Senior Manager of IT Program Management (ITPM) to make an impact at the enterprise level by helping us advance and improve upon a high-value enterprise Program Management Office (ePMO). The ePMO will be a center of excellence for program and organizational change management practices, driving the execution of a varied portfolio of high-profile programs and projects. The position reports to the Director of PMO and plays an important role in leading impactful initiatives supporting a rapidly growing, high-technology enterprise.
As a Senior Manager of IT Program Management, you have a proven track record of successful IT project delivery. You excel at the intersection of interdisciplinary teams and act as the conduit between cross-functional efforts enabling unity and synergy across the organization. You collaborate with IT Operations and business stakeholders to drive all aspects of the IT projects portfolio to ensure projects are delivered on budget and meet the intended business objectives. This position requires a well-rounded individual who is detail-oriented and can manage programs while leading a group of IT project managers team distributed globally. The Senior Manager of IT Program Management is someone who can thrive in an unstructured environment by fostering collaboration and distilling complex problems into actionable plans to help drive programs and projects to successful completion.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee, coordinate, and implement strategic IT initiatives that focus on improving the overall capabilities and resiliency of our enterprise systems, applications, and infrastructure. The scope of responsibilities extends to non IT projects based on company needs.
- Utilize technical expertise to guide the team in resolving complex technical issues and making data-driven decisions, fostering a culture of technical excellence within the ITPM function.
- Responsible for the effective execution of end-to-end delivery of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) projects, with a focus on continual improvement to ensure consistent and repeatable M&A outcomes.
- Assist in the maturation and advancement of an enterprise Program Management Office.
- Establish and maintain best practices and standard operating procedures for the ePMO, ensuring consistency, quality, and scalability across all programs and projects within the organization.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including cross-functional teams and leadership, to ensure successful program and project delivery, and customer satisfaction.
- Proactively identify IT-related organizational challenges and recommend potential solutions.
- Manage timelines, budgets, and resources needed to achieve intended outcomes.
- Ensure the ePMO team identifies program and project bottlenecks and proactively communicates and monitors resolution across the IT Projects portfolio.
- Hold project team members accountable for their deliverables.
- Manage and mentor a team of technical project managers, promoting governance, and fostering a culture of excellence and collaboration in a hyper-growth SaaS environment.
- Manage established key performance indicators (KPI) across programs and projects.
- Act as a change agent, leading the adoption of new technologies, tools, and methodologies to enhance program management processes and capabilities, fostering a culture of continuous learning and development within the team.
What We Would Like to See:
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience.
- Robust Program Management and Project Management skills and demonstrable experience in leveraging them appropriately.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to mentor and effectively manage a team of project managers, providing leadership and professional development.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts and project details clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, ensuring a shared understanding of project goals and objectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, and executive leadership.
- Demonstrated capability in organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and track record of thriving in a hyper-growth technology organization.
- Demonstrable knowledge of program and project management tools such as Asana, Jira, Microsoft Project, Monday, and Smartsheet.
- Willingness to constantly improve PM tools and processes, implement best practices, recommend innovative solutions, and foster change management.
- PMP or other project management certification is a must.
- Proficiency with Jira and Confluence is highly desired.
- M&A experience and IT Service Delivery is highly desired.
- Demonstrable experience with EPMO or PMO implementations is a plus.
- PgMP, PfMP, Six Sigma, and Agile knowledge or certification are a plus.
- Knowledge of Project Server and Smartsheet is a plus.
The PMO Team
The PMO team plays a crucial role in Appfire’s growth by advancing a consistent enterprise-wide approach to identifying, prioritizing, and successfully delivering initiatives that align with the organization's strategic goals and long-term vision. The PMO team supports the Appfire community as a source of guidance for delivering project and change management across functional areas. The PMO supports the organization's consistent communication of status, dependencies, risks, issues, and financial impact across key enterprise initiatives.
What We Offer:
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 25 paid days off, regardless of years of experience
- Private healthcare
- Sofia public transport card
- Multisport card
- Development opportunities via our Appfire University