CDM Smith's Finance Team is seeking a Senior Accountant in the International Accounting Group. CDM Smith operates in over 15 countries including Germany, India, and Australia as well as countries in Asia and South America.
The successful candidate:
• Performs basic to highly complex reviews, interpretations, and verifications of monthly financial information in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Performs analyses of the firm's direct and indirect operating expenses and cost trends of basic to high complexity to verify that revenues and expense and related financial data is appropriately recorded in the general ledger.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Reviews the work of junior staff and provides direction on projects as necessary.
• Interfaces with and coordinates activities between various international entities.
• Performs other duties as required.
Individual would need to work in our Boston office a minimum of 2 days a week.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree.
• 4 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with Intercompany and foreign currency transactions.
• Working knowledge of FCCS and Oracle ERP systems.
• Experience managing internal controls.EEO Statement
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.Why CDM Smith?
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.Agency Disclaimer
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.Skills and Abilities
• Expert knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
• Proficient in accounting programs, preferably Oracle Financials, and advanced MS Excel skills.
• Knowledge of both US GAAP and International Finance Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Ability to communicate in a clear and concise fashion.
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage constantly changing requirements and priorities.Background Check and Drug Testing Information
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.U.S. Vaccine Employment Mandate
CDM Smith has taken proactive steps throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the health and safety of our employees, clients, subcontractors, and visitors. As part of our continuing efforts to combat the pandemic and to comply with the U.S. President's Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 3, 2021, as a condition of employment, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such COVID-19 vaccination or alternatively have applied for and received approval for a religious or medical exemption.