At Handshake, we are committed to building a diverse team of dynamic engineers who share our passion for creating high-quality, high-impact products. As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will play a critical role in building our self-service platforms and supporting the Cloud Engineering team's goal of developing a secure and reliable platform for our engineers. If you have a strong passion for infrastructure and are motivated to drive positive change through technology, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Work with a fantastic bunch of highly talented and collaborative teammates and colleagues
- Support the deployment and operation of multiple highly available K8S clusters
- Establish and enforce best practices for K8S, including deployment patterns, sizing, etc.
- Develop solutions with support for monitoring, metrics, and automation
- Collaborate with other teams to influence design for engineering excellence
- Work in a 100% Cloud Environment (GCP) and use tools and services like Argo Workflows, Argo CD, Prometheus, etc.
- Develop and automate our infrastructure with Terraform
- Lead technical aspects and direction for the team and mentor junior members
- You are adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
- You prefer taking projects from inception to completion and are outcome-oriented
- You act with empathy when partnering with fellow engineers and coworkers
- You have 4+ years of experience in building and maintaining cloud-based architectures in AWS and/or GCP
- You have experience with Linux / Unix-based operating systems
- You have prior experience with modern infrastructure tooling, such as Kubernetes, as an administrator or operator in a production setting
- You have experience securing Kubernetes by implementing best practices such as OPA, RBAC, and utilizing Kubernetes security features
- You have Infrastructure networking experience: firewalls, load balancing, DNS, etc.
- You are passionate about building simple and high-quality infrastructure
- You have experience working in distributed, performant, at-scale backend systems
- You are strong in operations but have passion and knowledge in automation
You’ll work with these technologies
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Pub/Sub, Elasticsearch