Who You Are
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable and highly available on AWS
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Add capabilities to our high-volume, fault-tolerant processing infrastructure
- Enhance our testing, monitoring and continuous deployment infrastructure
- Keep extremely sensitive data compartmentalized and secure
- Promote knowledge sharing and overall DevOps culture in the organization
- Promote engineering excellence through technical leadership, knowledge-sharing and mentorship
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.Resourcefulness - taking a can-do approach, even in the face of obstacles and constraints by assessing what’s in front of you and effectively and efficiently optimizing what you have, whether it's working on something new or thinking about how to do something better.Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.Skills and knowledge - the capacity to actively learn and apply specific domain knowledge, know-how, and best practices to continually enhance and improve.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 8+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of experience as DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years of hands on experience of programming in languages such as Ruby or Python
- Experience with log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of infrastructure
- Demonstrate knowledge & experience of Linux, TCP/IP, HTTP and CI/CD
- Strong systems architecture and coding/scripting skills
- Experience working with complicated systems at scale
- AWS Certification highly preferred
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- ElasticSearch, Docker, InfluxDB, Redshift, CircleCI, Nagios, DataDog
- Terraform, Puppet, K8s, EKS, Kafka, MSK
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $167,500.00 to $205,000.00 per year.