Kickstarter is seeking an experienced Senior iOS Engineer to join our team and help deliver great experiences for Kickstarter creators and backers.
The salary for this role in the United States is $145,000 - 170,000.
The salary for this role in Canada is CAD$145,000 -165,000.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s product development team builds the platform that helps bring creative projects to life.
We're a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, data analysts, and community specialists working collaboratively using iterative, data-driven, and outcome oriented approaches to solve problems.
Our work touches every area of the platform as we develop new features and functionality. Our ability to develop valuable, maintainable and useful solutions opens up more opportunities for creators and backers to bring creative projects to life.
We build features on modern mobile applications built in Swift, Objective C, Java, and Kotlin all backed by a GraphQL API. We use iterative and data-driven processes to build and refine our platform that supports our mission of bringing creative projects to life.
In this role, listed in order of importance, you will:
- Write well-tested software that meets product, design, and operational criteria to enable the success of Kickstarter users.
- Estimate task complexity and guide team execution of large to extra-large projects, ensuring committed work is delivered on-time.
- Identify and propose technical project opportunities and suggest process improvements to help the team perform and deliver better.
- Participate in group code reviews to ensure a high standard of quality for all changes to Kickstarter systems.
- Remain informed of platform level API changes and App Store guidance.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to ensure continuous availability of services to Kickstarter users.
- Pair with and provide growth feedback and mentorship to more junior teammates.
- You have deep, extensive professional experience with Objective C, Swift, and Graph QL.
- You enjoy working collaboratively, participating in team discussions, planning and software design.
- You have excellent communication and time management skills.
- You have experience mentoring other engineers, including pair programming and knowledge sharing.
- You have experience designing and building performant and scalable systems which balance user needs, business requirements, and resource constraints.
- You have experience working iteratively and maintaining live products.
- You have a pragmatic approach to writing well-tested, maintainable code.
- You love writing tests to ensure you deliver high-quality software and experiences.
- You consider the broader impacts of your work through; building accessible UI, quality & testing patterns, code readability, documentation and considering security, performance and data integrity concerns.
- You value sharing knowledge, personal growth, positive feedback, and continuously improving engineering and team practices.
- You empathize with creators, the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.