One of the largest and fastest-growing platforms in the world for sharing academic research is currently seeking a Senior iOS Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineering generalist that is experienced and knowledgeable in iOS development, deployment, and best practices. The vision of this company is to build systems and services to make their user base more productive on the applications platform while using their iOS devices. As the Engineer you will include a scalable newsfeed, mobile notifications for key events relating to an academic's work, and impact metrics and personalized analytics. You will be a key part of a small "world class" team building the company's native mobile apps.
Since being founded in San Francisco in 2008, over 150 million academics have signed up adding over 25 million papers to their database. Recent statistics have shown that over 100,000 continue to sign up with this company and interact with their app each day. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, apply today.Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related major strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience building, deploying and scaling native iOS applications.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience.
- 4+ years of iOS apps development with deep knowledge of Swift.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals and web architecture.
- Good coding and debugging habits. Adherence to best practices.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Able to work well with other teams.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply them successfully.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with Objective-C.
- Tech lead experience.
- Experience in a structured production environment.
- Familiar with analytics and metering of apps. (e.g. Firebase, Bugsnag, Sumologic...)
You Will Receive The Following Benefits
- Competitive Pay: Up to 200K/year, DOE
- Medical Health, Dental Insurance and Vision (For spouses and independents)
- Unrestricted Paid Sick Time Leave
- 21 Days Paid Vacation
- 11 Federal Holidays off
- Stock Options
- Company Credit Card
- Remote Friendly
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.Posted By: