People at Brex
The People team keeps our company and culture growing. We’re curious, optimistic, and pragmatic—and work with our colleagues all across Brex to solve organizational challenges. We focus on bringing talented new individuals to the company and providing the tools and resources to empower individual and team success. Above all, we help build an authentic, inclusive environment where our team members can grow and make an impact.
What You’ll Do
As the Senior HR Generalist, you will be focused on taking care of our most important investment at Brex: our employees. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are approachable and solution-focused, possess a deep understanding of Canadian market practices and a good understanding of Canadian labor laws and how they impact HR programs and policies. You have a passion for and are excited about building great companies, including managing processes and programs that help Brex employees do their best work every day.
- Be a brand ambassador for all things People@ related, providing expert guidance on HR-related inquiries, troubleshooting and resolving issues, and supporting employees through various milestones within the employee life cycle
- Utilize your deep knowledge of Canadian labor laws and the market’s employment best practices to interpret Canadian labor laws and regulations to translate into actionable guidelines for Brex and ensure new and existing programs and policies are compliant with Canadian labor law
- Guide and assist employees and our partner teams through processes such as hiring, promotions, internal transfers, and separations, executing said processes in Workday
- Never one to be content with the status quo, innovate and enhance the employee experience by continually seeking avenues to improve People Operations interactions and practices
- Proactively partner with our internal teams to optimize processes and programs, ensuring an exceptional employee experience while aligning with the evolving needs of the business
- Partner with brokers (and your peers in People Operations) to help design and administer benefits, employee policies, compliance requirements; as needed, act as liaison between brokers and employees to resolve benefit-related issues
- Monitor employee compliance and training in our Learning Management System, following up with employees and managers (as needed) to ensure business compliance
- Generate reports for appropriate cross-functional partners (Recruiting, Payroll, Finance, Legal) regarding headcount, attrition, etc.
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor laws or regulations by completing federal, state/provincial, and city reporting requirements
- Collaborate with internal HR teams (i.e., L&D, People Partnering, Recruiting, etc.) to provide recommendations and brainstorm activities intended to promote employee engagement, morale, and culture
- Support programs such as Benefits Renewal, Open Enrollment, new benefit selection, and aiding in the communication and roll-out of new programs or policies
- Support broader People Programs, including performance management and compensation cycles
- Partner with IT to identify, test, and rollout enhancements/solutions in Workday
- Proactively partner with Employment Counsel to ensure legal compliance on specific programs
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 6+ years of HR experience in Canada, working with HRIS, benefits, LOAs, immigration
- Proven knowledge and passion for understanding HR processes and systems
- Super user of Google Suite; advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills preferred (e.g., if/then statements, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, formulas)
- Strong familiarity with HRIS systems and tools
- Demonstrated ability to act with discretion, and have exceptional integrity and judgment in handling confidential information
- Able to build trust and rapport quickly
- Experience working in high-growth technology companies
The expected salary range for this role is 120,000 - 150,000 CAD However, the starting base pay will depend on a number of factors including the candidate’s location, skills, experience, market demands, and internal pay parity. Depending on the position offered, equity and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package.