Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world's decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets - and help them make faster, smarter decisions. Our Team:
Modern finance teams have an increasing dependence on quality data. While valuable, the sheer volume of the data available can be overwhelming, making it difficult to tell compelling stories about performance, strategy, and prospects. That's where our team comes in.
We build powerful and intuitive data visualization and dashboarding tools for data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers performing sophisticated analyses. Our tools enable our users to explore, understand, and communicate relationships within data, and better leverage its possibilities.
We work on many different projects and products: from code editors and language parsers to custom UI widgets and visualization libraries. With so much in store for 2021 and beyond, our team is growing. Read on to learn more about upcoming projects and our people! What's in it for you:
We'll trust you to:
- We are a true full-stack team. We design end-to-end solutions for users - everything from code editors and language parsers, to data exploration tooling, all the way to UI and custom UI widgets.
- We are building new products that are critical to the growth of our business, so get ready for building applications and tools from scratch.
- Our team regularly meets with senior stakeholders at Bloomberg, including our CTO.
- Our product is very client-facing, so you'll have opportunities to talk to internal and external users
You'll need to have:
- Design and implement robust and scalable systems
- Collaborate with product and UX teams to learn client use cases and workflows
- Contribute to product vision
- Regularly present and explain your work to peers and senior stakeholders
- Use and contribute back to OSS projects to integrate into our main product
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team
We'd love to see:
- Background or interest in data analysis / statistics
- Experience Python data science and machine learning ecosystems
- App/dashboard building
- Experience with Apache Spark
Many of our team members are working in and influencing Python data science and open source software. Team members are:
- Steering committee members of Numfocus affiliated projects (bqplot)- https://numfocus.org/sponsored-projects/affiliated-projects
- JupyterLab core developers- https://github.com/jupyterlab/jupyterlab
- Presenters at JupyterCon2020- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO6F2WJRf-U
- Presenters at SciPy2020- https://youtu.be/8IYbdshUd9c
- Guests of Girl Geek X Fireside Chat- https://www.linkedin.com/posts/girlgeekx_girl-geek-x-bloomberg-engineering-panel-discussion-activity-6725088565170081792-1_kg
We recently posted a "meet the team" blog post, check out the link below to get to know our SF engineering office!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.