At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.Senior Front End Engineer - Platform Engineering
New York City (Remote)
About The Role
As an engineer on the Platform Engineering team, you will use your skills to create a crucial part of the company's technical infrastructure. Our team develops and refines solutions that help engineers monitor the software they build. We provide tools to engineering leaders that help them understand the performance and costs of the services for which they are responsible. We integrate tools that give product owners, designers, and support teams insight into how customers use Compass software. We supervise and consult on the incident response process at the company.
You are a developer who is passionate about setting a high bar for quality across the company. You can pride yourself on your ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of roles and experience levels. A sense of ownership for the product you work on is important to you. You love to learn and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator, and you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You enjoy trying new frameworks and libraries.At Compass You Will
What We Look For
- Build, develop, and scale the monitoring solutions used by engineering teams at the company.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on monitoring and incident response.
- Collaborate with engineers and others from across the company.
- Inspire, recruit, and mentor your engineering colleagues.
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies.
- Build a company that is admired worldwide for its engineering culture.
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent.
- Proven track record working in top talent and high-performance environments.
- Knowledge of best-practices and architectural patterns for modern front end applications.
- Multiple instances of leading and owning projects from beginning to end.
- Comprehensive experience with agile methodologies and automated testing with some exposure to TDD & pair programming.
- Experience collaborating with engineers outside of your immediate team.
- Experience with Typescript, ES6, or Webpack is a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, New Relic, or App Dynamics a plus.
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and delivery is a plus.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place.
Check out our Engineering blog
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world - a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants