Are you looking for an exciting role, building the newest online bill pay solutions of choice? Do you have a passion to do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun? Are you an advocate of Agile software development and high-quality customer experiences while fostering a culture of continuous learning? If so, Jack Henry & Associates is looking for a Senior Front-End Software Engineer that possesses these traits to join the iPay bill pay Software Engineering team.
As a Software Engineer, you will be a key player in the development effort to craft leading edge FinTech systems that are API-first and mobile-first. We’re seeking someone who is humble, hungry, and smart and driven to simplifying our customers’ experience when paying their bills.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to think quickly and serves as a proactive and collaborative problem solver; not a heads-down coder that only likes to work on their own. They approach problems with a ‘beginner’s mind’ and an absence of bias when thinking through solutions.
What you and your team are working on
The engineer is embedded within our Product Design team and provides expertise and support to our agile software development teams regarding front-end development. This is a high-impact position that includes establishing and advocating new standards related to the front-end frameworks. They will be constantly keeping our web-based products up to date with the newest development practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data.
Our team is distributed, which means they can live and work anywhere within the US. They will need to work standard Eastern Time business hours for optimal collaboration with team members. They will get the chance to choose their own tools, work with bleeding edge web technologies across the stack, and contribute to products that are used by millions of people.
- Minimum of 6 years of technical experience in front-end software development
- Experience with Web Components, or component-driven development
- Experience with creating and maintaining design systems
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience in payments/financial industry.
- Experience building and debugging single page applications.
- Experience in web proof of concept/prototype rapid development.
- Experience with Amazon Style Dictionary
- Experience with Git
- Experience with developing cloud-based web applications (preferably with Azure)
- Experience working with APIs and their relationship with the development of the user interface and experience.
- Vast understanding of user design thinking.
- Experience with front-end build systems such as Webpack or Rollup.
- Experience supporting an application in production.
- Experience with continuous integration systems and front-end testing.
- Define, manage, and communicate details of our Design System to promote consistency in products and efficiency in development activities.
- Define, maintain, and communicate standards to agile teams regarding how our products function within supported browsers. Monitor for upcoming browser updates to mitigate disruption in service.
- Define, maintain, and communicate standards regarding web accessibility within our products.
- Pair/mob program with agile team members to support front-end development and advocate standards. Provide constructive feedback through code reviews. Consider cleanliness of code during development.
- Work in tandem with UI Designers and other software engineers to translate pixel-perfect designs to high-performing code.
- Promote user centered design through collaboration with agile teams and designers early in the software development process.
- Support testing, solution design, and implementation of responsive web applications.
- Promote Developer Experience (DX) optimization for those integrating to our API’s.
- Continuously learn and research front-end development as the technology rapidly evolves.
- Create tools that improve site interaction regardless of the browser.
- Develops and tests applications based on sprint backlog user stories and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Commits to doing whatever it takes to ensure quality product delivery. including test case reviews, test case writing, manual testing, performance testing and test automation, as needed.
- Ensure high performance at the application level to prevent latency in user experience.
- Able to work on larger, feature-level tasks independently, and can set and update expectations on size, scope, and timelines.
- Demonstrate consistent dependability and professionalism.
- Ensure timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Conduct unit and integration testing for functionality and limits, and create required technical documentation.
- Research problems and develop solutions to the problems.
- Assist in training and mentoring less experienced peers.