Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We don't just aspire to help people live healthier lives, we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Senior Financial Analyst II in Optum Technology, you'll leverage your interest in cutting-edge technology to guide our success as a global industry leader. That's a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader behind you every step of the way.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
* Develop, perform and manage the analyses of business and financial metrics related to Technology spend, as well as performance measures
* Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
* Develop, perform and manage all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
* Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and report/track cost efficiencies
* Produce clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message for their stakeholders
* Review of CBAs for validation of ongoing Technology expense and/or savings
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of financial and/or accounting experience
* Experience driving business performance in a high growth environment
* Work experience anticipating accounting, financial reporting, forecasting and operational issues, assessing their implications and developing and implementing an appropriate action plan
* Experience working collaboratively and influence across a matrix environment to drive expense management initiatives; a strong customer-centered approach
* Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel
* Proficient in Microsoft Access (simple queries against single tables using an ODBC connection)
* Proficient Hyperion Essbase
* Experience in Technology Finance, or a strong interest in technology
* Knowledge of MPWR and ASK
* Experience in automation of reporting using tools like Power BI, DOMO, Tableau
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Financial Analyst II, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote