Careers that Change LivesPosition is open to remote in the US or Galway Ireland.
If you are looking to expand business partnering skills, develop influencing capabilities, and lead high-visibility projects, come join our Enterprise Operations Finance team! Are you a passionate, dedicated and motivated Financial professional looking for a new challenge that impacts patient's lives?
In this business partnering role, you will provide financial planning, modeling, forecasting, and analyses of confidential projects impacting Medtronic's manufacturing footprint and strategy. Key responsibilities will include partnering with project management team to develop financial models that strengthen business decisions, and provide financial guidance and expertise to our business partners.
We believe that when people from different cultures, genders, and points of view come together, innovation is the result - and everyone wins. Medtronic walks the walk, creating an inclusive culture where you can thrive.A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
• Manages financial aspects of one or more developed or mature programs with well-defined program plans and delivery methodologies.
• Support the team in modelling financial planning for projects in the early stages (Expenses, capex, cash flow, NPV, IRR, payback, savings).
• Supports PMO and other stakeholders in establishing program objectives, timelines, milestones, and budgets.
• Program performance tracking, variance analysis (vs. budget and forecasts), identifying key trends.
• Supports in budgeting and forecasting of project spend (cash flow and P&L) and savings.
• Preparation and presentation of project performance during month-end and quarter-end reviews.
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of month end project data entered into multiple financial systems.
• Interact with manufacturing site leadership and project managers to ensure alignment with program spending, savings and headcount assumptions.
• Finance process improvements: Developing and maintaining managerial reporting tools and dashboards.
• Support Ad Hoc requests / special projects from various functional leaders.
• Recommends new policies and procedures that affect program management.
• Solves issues through information exchange, influence and active persuasion without direct exercise of command to gain cooperation of other parties on program execution plans.Must Have: Minimum Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree with 4+ years of work experience in Finance and/or Accounting OR Advanced Degree (2+ years with an Advanced degree)Nice to Have
• BA/BS in Accounting, Business or Finance
• Experience with SAP, Hyperion, Excel, Powerpoint, CMR, Spend...
• Able to handle highly sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision to determine and develop approaches to solutions
• Works effectively in a cross-functional environments
• Ability to interface with all levels of management and multiple geographies and networks.
• Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to learn fast
• High degree of initiative and self-motivation
• Strong communication, collaboration, presentation and interpersonal skillsAbout Medtronic
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)