Radian Settlement Services is excited to announce that we are rolling out its titlegenius platform in California, bringing transparency and simplicity to real estate closings. Every component thoughtfully engineered with the purpose of reducing friction and delivering peace of mind to buyers, sellers, and their agents. We're here to put a lid on the chaos. Come join us in this mission.
We are hiring a remote Senior Escrow Officer who acts as an unbiased, third-party between sellers, buyers, lenders, and realtors throughout the closing process. Coordinates with all parties to ensure conditions of closing are met. Specific duties include collecting documentation, preparing documents, clearing title, and disbursing funds.
Radian Settlement Services is one of the nation's fastest growing national title companies backed by the brand power of the most trusted names in the financial services industry. We've built our culture and company around commitment to quality, unshakeable integrity and dedicated employees! Building on a longstanding culture of innovation, we've grown into a full-service mortgage and real estate services powerhouse. Our culture encourages participation, diversity of thought, innovation, and strong execution. In addition to our competitive salary, employee stock option plan and flexible benefit program, we'll shower you with additional perks!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Determines closing requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
* Reviews title evidence to determine curative requirements.
* Resolves title defects, satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
* Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements.
* Completes closing transaction by assembling documents, review with parties, explaining provisions and procedures, answering questions, checking documents for completeness and accuracy, and obtaining signatures.
* Closes escrow by preparing final settlement statements, recording and filing documents, and balancing and disbursing funds.
* Review new and current employee training and performance and counsel/reward as appropriate.
* Perform any additional tasks as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* 3-5 years related experience.
* Experience directly handling closings as an Escrow Officer preferred.
* Seasoned Escrow Assistant will be considered.
* Familiarity with California Real Estate Closing Practices.
* Experience with closing California transactions.
Skills and Abilities:
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word)
* Knowledge of client-based systems
* Attention to detail
* Motivated and positive team player
* Leadership skills
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Ability to problem solve in a growing, expanding business
* Ability to multi-task in fast-pace environment.
* Ability to manage deadlines, timelines, and create and execute plans to achieve daily, short-term, and long-term goals
* Resware experience is a bonus
Prior Work Experience
* Technical: 3 - 5 years
* Supervisory: Less than 6 months
Education and Credentials
* Required: HS Diploma/GED
* Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
* Other Certifications: None
Why this role is exciting
The excitement of working for a startup, while enjoying the benefits and resources of a large company.
* Rapid growth and opportunity for advancement.
* Can be an agent for change.
* New ideas and ways of doing business are welcome and encouraged.
* Working for an early stage business unit means quickly adding resume bullets.
This position is long-term remote/work from home.
* We are providing the tools necessary to perform your role efficiently.
* We've implemented innovative workflows to fully leverage the respective advantages of our centralized operations and in-market staff.
We are upping the ante to create and deliver value to our customers.
* Our customer portal removes friction from the closing process from the deposit of earnest money to final signing.
* We didn't forget the operations team. Many of the features built into our technology, while providing a better customer experience, also reduce the work involved for our Escrow Closers. Win-win.
Why Work With Us:
* Competitive Compensation: anticipated hourly rate from $26.00 to $39.00 based on skills and experience. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
* Our Company Makes an Impact. We've been recognized by multiple organizations like, being included on Bloomberg's Gender-Equality Index, being honored as a Tech 100 by HousingWire, pledging to PwC's CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion commitment, and receiving the Spirit Award from the MBA's Open Door's Foundation.
* Rest and Relaxation. Generous time off starting day one, 9 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday in support of our I&D culture.
* Health Benefits. Multiple medical plan choices, including HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
* Prepare for your Future. 401(k) with a top of market company match (did we mention the company match is immediately vested?!)
* Paid Parental Leave. An opportunity for all new parents to embrace this exciting change.
* Employee Assistance and Discount Programs. From helping you navigate the healthcare system, to providing resources and assistance to parents and caregivers of children with development disabilities, to scoring discounts with thousands of retailers.
* Pet Insurance. To help protect our furry family members.
Radian is helping to ensure the American dream of homeownership in even bigger and better ways with industry-leading mortgage insurance and a comprehensive suite of mortgage, risk, real estate, and title services.
We are powered by technology, informed by data and driven to deliver new levels of service and innovation to our customers across the residential mortgage and real estate spectrum.
Learn more about Radian at Radian.com.
Radian is unable to sponsor visas for applicants for this specific role.
Radian complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Details
To learn more about Radian's Code of Conduct and Ethics and workplace conduct, please click [here]. Radian participates in E-Verify [Link] (en español [Link]). Learn more about your rights under immigration laws [Link] (en español [Link]).
Whether you require an accommodation for the job application or interview process, Radian is dedicated to a barrier-free employment process and encourages a diverse workforce. If you have questions about the accommodation process, please e-mail .